CHAPTER 14

FLASHBACK

After getting Karna for five years the couple were very happy, they visited sages and serve them with utmost devotion to get their blessings. They got blessings from several of them. During these times Radha has made Karna promise to always respect Brahman fearing that her mischievous son will offend some of them knowingly or unknowingly due his naughtiness. Once they reached to jungle where Saint Durwasa was residing with his entire traveling group. The couple and five year old child serve them very well. Once sage Durwasa was meditating and then a bull came there, rest immediately dispersed but due to being deep in meditation Rishi Durwasa was still there and wild bull seems to running towards him only so Karna immediately jumped in front of him and he caught the horns of the bull with his both hands. Then there was tussle between him and bull, Karna was successful in decreasing the dreadful speed of bull but still he was pushed back. He skidded to back till he backward foot touched the stone on which Saint Durwasa was meditating. Getting the support of it five years old Karna manage to halt the advance of bull and topple it.

Everyone present there was amazed by strength of five years old Karna, the bull that terrorize even by adults and as being toppled by mere five year old but what's more amazing was there was Kavach appeared on five year old and it along with his kundals were shining brightly. Saint Durwasa too opened his eyes when he felt push on stone below him, he was very angry and opened his eyes but was amazed when he saw what was front of him, after Karna toppled the bull he stood up and was scared so it ran away from there. Seeing the bull ran away Karna turned around and saw expression of Saint Durwasa. He immediately knelt down.

Karna : I am sorry for distributing your meditation rishiwar but I had to do this.

Radha and Adhiratha who also heard the commotion came running there, seeing their son asking Forgiveness to saint Durwasa they too immediately joined him.

Adhiratha : We are extremely sorry o great Maharishi Durwasa, if my son has any mistakes please forgive him as he is still a child and Don't know anything.

Radha (crying) : Yes, o great Maharishi, have mercy on my child. Please don't punish him. We are ready to face punishment on his behalf but please have mercy on my child.

Saint Durwasa was already flabbergasted by strength of five year old but after seeing the Kavach with Suryanarayana symbol on it. Seeing that he was sure that this child was not ordinary but divine, ofcourse he recognised the child he with his suta parents were serving their group for few days but how is it possible for a divine child to be born as Suta. He was going to say something to Karna but the parents arrived and they too asked for his forgiveness and mercy. He know they feared because he was known for his temper but now wasn't the case he was just Shocked. He immediately closed his eyes without replying. With his divine powers he saw everything and get to know about Karna. He get to know how he was born because the boon he gave to immature princes and bhow she abondoned him in raging tides of Ganga, how he reached Radha and Adhiratha. How he was raised, he felt guilty because he too was part of everything but he was pleased with Radha and Adhiratha that they accept the child of Suryanarayana as their own and never let him feel like he wasn't theirs. Saint Durwasa opened his eyes and saw the family was still kneeling in front of him.

Saint Durwasa : Stand up three of, I am not going to punish anyone for saving my life. I am thankful for young child who has courage to tackle a bull to save my life.

His words were like thunder on Radha, she immediately hugged her son.

Radha : Vasu, are you alright Putra, you weren't injured  na son. Why did you do it, what if something happened to you son, how will I live Putra.

Radha immediately began wailing. She was scared for her son that she forgot her surrounding. Adhiratha became tense because her words could be misinterpreted by Saint Durwasa. He turned towards him to apologise. Saint Durwasa shook his head.

Durwasa : There is no need, for a mother a child is everything. I can understand.

Radha too got out of her trance and looked at saint with some apology. Karna was parted from her mother hug too. Saint Durwasa turned towards Karna to ask a question.

Saint Durwasa : Child, why did you save. Weren't you scared of that Bull.

Karna : I was scared rishiwar but I have promised my Mata that no one will be harmed and I will protect them. So I always do what I promised my mother.

Radha now remembered how Karna was constantly doing mischief so she playfully asked her son to go and protect those who were meditating and her son has promised her he will do that. She never thought such things could happen. She was both proud and scared of her son. Saint Durwasa was also amazed after hearing this.

Saint Durwasa (smiled) : I am impressed by your matribhakti and valour Putra. You have saved my life from raging Bull so I bless you to have immense strength. You will be as powerful as mahabali Hanuman.

Karna (innocently) : But I did because of my Radha maa so she should be blessed me not me.

Radha and Adhiratha : Vasusen.

Saint Durwasa (laughed) : Right you are Putra. Devi Radha I bless you that you will have a son who will be like your elder son. He will be devoted to his parents and they both will be like Ram and Lakshman of dwapar yug. They will formidable warrior of Aaryavrat.

Radha was on cloud nine, even Adhiratha was very happy.

Both : Thank you Rishiwar.

Saint Durwasa : Devi Radha, mohoday Adhiratha remember partiality is root of destruction and unity is greatest strength anyone could have.

Sage Durwasa gave a knowing smile towards them. Both of them immediately understood but they smiled back because no matter what for them vasu will be their son and their live wouldn't decrease because suddenly they will have another son. No, they will love both of them equally.

Couple : We understand Rishiwar.

Saint Durwasa : Your children is and will be born for greatness so never Stop them from when the desire knowledge or training. Parents are first teacher for their children so  give them morals, remember your both son will be great warrior and together they can't be defeated by anyone except tridevs and trideviyan. Unity will be their biggest strength.

Adhiratha and Radha nodded, the family serve the sages for one more week, during this week Karna spend most of time with saint Durwasa when he wasn't meditating. They left after one week and returned to Hastinapur.

Nine months later, shon was born. Karna was too elated to have little brother and soon shon become his second favourite after her mother in the family. It was this reason that the couple never stopped their children when they desired to become warrior because they knew they were born for greater things but what they didn't knew that shon wasn't ordinary child but he too was blessings of Devi Sandhya wife of suryadev because as per boon of Saint Durwasa he will like Karna who is demigod so he too was demigod.

FLASHBACK ENDS