CHAPTER 21

The atmosphere was very awkward in the palace. To deter the tense situation Shakuni decided to intervene.

Shakuni : Maharaj Karna, I hope all unpleasantness between Hastinapur and your family should end with this gesture and we can start anew.

Dhritrashtra : Yes we too hope so Maharaj Karna, maharathi Shon.

Karna : Yes, thankyou for your firm decision Maharaj. I too hope that you excuse the fiasco that happened over last few days, it was my Gurudhkhsina and believe me I had no intention to insult or hurt Hastinapur's reputation.

With these lines Karna showed his prowess in politics too. He lowered his posture despite being in situation of upper hand. After all he too has to be part of court of Hastinapur as per his promise to Mata Ganga so having soured relationship with king would be no good for him.

Dhritrashtra, Shakuni and others were taken back by his response but were pleased seeing Karna has placed top hat in head of Dhritrashtra. Vidhur, kripacharya narrowed their eyes with brains they had they can guess motive of Karna. They were surprised by eloquent speech as it was first time they saw Karna use art of language this beautifully as he was quite blunt before. They realised that they have underestimated elder sibling's political prowess. Like they thought the negotiations afterwards was tough the alliance was formed no doubt but despite having political genius like Shakuni and Vidhur Hastinapur wasn't able to gain upper hand. Only mutual trade and milatary alliance was formed and no way it was favorable towards them.

The talk of alliance gone for while and after that Dhritrashtra told guests to enjoy the programmes and celebration in honour of their new alliance. The elders left the place so that youngsters could mingle with each other especially Shakuni and Dhritrashtra wanted Kauravas especially Duryodhana to for friendship with shon and Karna. They were secretly glad that Pandavas have bitter equation with both brothers while Vidhur was regretting that Pandavas couldn't have such beneficial alliance with such warriors.

Seeing elders left Duryodhana with Ashwatthama and dhussan came to Karna and shon.

Duryodhana : Pranipat Maharaj Karna, Pranipat Maharathi shon. I am Duryodhana eldest Kauravas, this is my Anuj Dhussan and my Mitra Guruputra Ashwatthama.

Karna : Pranipat prince Duryodhana, Prince Dhussan and Ashwatthama.

Shon : Pranipat.

Duryodhana : Maharaj I am impressed by valour and strength. I am not the person go round in round i want to become your friend since you freed me from himastra so i hope we can be friends.

Karna (smiled) : Of course Prince, i am also impressed by your thoughts since that day, you stood up for me despite me being complete stranger and unknown person. You recognised my valour when other were busy in acknowledging my caste. I would be glad to have friends like you.

Duryodhana (smiled) : Since we are friends there is no need to call me Prince, call me Mitra or Duryodhana.

Karna : Sure Mitra, only if you call me same. Maharaj is not cup of my tea. Mahadev knows I am fed with the title already and it's not been half a day it attached to me.

Everyone laughed.

Ashwatthama : I too wished same but I would understand if because of my father we can't be friends.

Karna : If you don't mind to be friends with me then I too won't mind and what transpired between me and Dronacharya is of no consequence with you. You are not him.

Ashwatthama : Why not, if son can enjoy prosperity of father then he is also partake in his mistakes.

Karna : No it's karm that determines a person not relationship, dronputra. Mistake or prosperity is determined by karm. Good karma begets prosperity which children can enjoy but mistake are results of bad karma which one has suffer himself. Rest assured if you genuinely want to be my friend then whatever equation I have or will have with your father would not affect our friendship.

Ashwatthama (smiled) : You are very wise, I of course want to be your friend Mitra Karna.

Karna : Me too Mitra Ashwatthama.

Dhussan saw the trio was formed and he may not have place here because of respect for his jyeshtha so he went to shon. Of course they too formed friendship, common factor being respect and admiration for their elder brother.

Five of them were talking pleasantly and they all gelled quite easily. They all have one thing or other common in between them and genuine respect and regard for each other. They talked about different the things like politics, their time with their respective teachers etc. Soon a maid came there and invited everyone for different programs arranged by kuru in different guest area. Five of them left for designated place.

Upon reaching to place Duryodhana called upon rest of Kauravas and introduced his new friends to everyone. They all were talking then suddenly two beautiful maiden reached there. Kauravas hugged one of them and introduced her to Ashwatthama, Karna and Shon as his sister and only female of this generation of Kuruvansh. Similarly he introduced trio to her. Said female was stealing gazes on one of three stranger there but this seems to escape from everyone except said perso and his elder sibling.

Dushala : Pranipat Maharaj Karna, Maharathi shon and Dronputra Ashwatthama.

Trio : Pranipat Devi.

Karna didn't miss the blush on her face while calling his younger brother or smile on face of his brother. He simply raised his eyebrows looking at shon who was busy in looking at kurukanya and vice versa. Their staring competition ended by voice of jyeshtha Kauravas.

Duryodhana : Dushala, how was your Kanyakul sister.

Dushala : It was very good Jyeshtha, oh! Let me introduce my best friend from Kanyakul.

She pointed towards another woman, who was very beautiful. Karna accepted he never saw beautiful girl even during his stay in swarglok. While he was admiring beauty of said female shon saw how the girl and Jyeshtha was behaving and smirk formed on his face.

Dushala : Bharata, this is Subhadra, princess of Dwarka. My best friend from Kanyakul.

Every male : Pranipat Devi.

Subhadra : Pranipat.

Dhussan : So, sister what have you learnt in kanyakul.

Dushala : I learnt various the ngs Bhrata, but I excel I singing while I don't play instruments but my sakhi here is excellent Veena player.

Shon : Really devi, Jyeshtha enjoys hearing Veena the most.

Subhadra blushed, while karna awkwardly coughed and rest present there smirked with mischievous glint in their eyes of course the saw karna staring at Subhadra while she was just blushing instead of getting angry any person can deduce why shon said so.

Duryodhana (laughing) : Devi if you don't mind can we saw your Veena playing which my sister praised so much

Subhadra shyly nodded and went away with Dushala.

Duryodhana : So my new friend became victim of Dwarka Princess.

Ashwatthama : Who can blame him, Mitra.

Rest Kauravas and shon : Satya vachan.

Karna was red in embarrassment.