[18]

Ken P.O.V

My first day being a teacher went off okay but I was nervous from the beginning. Fortunately the students behave quite nicely, sure there's people talking here and there while I was introducing myself, there's people who teased me too but overall they're pretty conducive. The principal then introduce me to the rest of my coworkers and most of them are older than me, being an English teacher I seated next to three other English teachers. All of them are women unsurprisingly but I quick to get used to them because they are just so welcoming and casual.

"So Mr. Cole, your turn tell us about yourself.", Mrs. Anastasia asked from besides Ms. Natalie. She wore a glasses and have her long blonde hair tied up.

"Uh well I was from Wisconsin, just a little town there, I'm 24 and I'm Aries. I studied English literature.. and uh I'm obsessed with mystery and romcom novel. Also I'm single..", I dumbfoundedly said as I scratch my pelvis.

Ms. Natalie quick to glance at me. "Wow you're really young dear.", she exclaims. "I'm about to turn 30 now.", She chuckles. "Also single as Pringles but I call myself unstringed Spanish guitar.", She adds gesturing to her body wiggling her eyebrows as I smile at that. She's an African American woman and even though I'm gay I can't deny that she's hot and her body is true to her Spanish guitar analogy.

"That's exactly why you're single Lexa dear.", Mrs. Andrew reply playfully from besides me. She's Indonesia and from I gathered she was a teacher in Indonesia before marrying a guy from here and decided to move with him then teach here.

"Oh Ayuu you know these men ain't shit sometimes. Gotta protect my fine self babe.", Ms. Natalie response as she waves to a fellow students I see waiting in front of the teacher's room and they gradually come over to her table to discuss something.

"So why a fine guy like you single?", Mrs. Andrew said as she leans over her table and rest her head on the palm of her hand witr her elbow supporting on the table. "Also before you think weirdly, don't worry I'm not interested in you or anything. I'm 6 months pregnant and love my husband.", she clarifies quickly.

I wave her off, "Don't worry I understand.", I assured her. "And I just found the right person yet...", I trailed. "..I also just want to focus in my work for now.", I add making her nod then pat my shoulder softly.

"You'll find that right person for sure, the person that you can trust with your feelings. She or he, I don't judge, gonna treat you the way you deserve to be treated with love.", she advised making me smile and I took in her advice before nodding my head.

She turns to do some paperwork as I do mine too. I got to fill these curriculum requirements in my laptop too, not only that I have to study for it so I can deliver the materials and tasks accordingly. Being a teacher is like back being student in many ways. At least this time I'm only studying about English stuff, I can't imagine choosing math for my degree and be math teacher.

===

I watch the teachers left the room one by one overtime until I glance at my watch and see that it's 6.30PM, so I turn off my laptop then put it into my bag.

I glance at my tired looking coworker, "I'm done with my work uh hope you good luck, Ms. Natalie.", I politely said giving her a smile raise my fist up encouraging her.

She sighs before rubbing her eyes, "Thank you, Mr. Cole. I need it cause these curriculums for the senior are killing me.", She said frustratingly. "Also call me Lexa from now on, dear.", she command.

I nod my head, "Okay, call me Ken too uh Lexa?", I voiced out hesitantly, she smiles and give a thumbs up. "Alright, have a good evening.", I said while walking out the teacher's room. It's still not dark at this time but around here back in Wisconsin the sun is setting so early. I passed the football field and see the football team just gone off from the field making their way to their locker room. I passed a few students along the way until I reach the front gate and climb into my SUV.