[14]

Ken P.O.V

"John...", I stare in disbelief. "What are you doing here?", I asked still surprised.

He still smiling says, "I got here yesterday and stayed at home because of jet lag and tonight's Connor's birthday, don't you remember!", He exclaimed excitedly. I actually forgot about it but once he said that I just nod my head. I gave his little brother a Nintendo game and he was pleased with it last year before they moved out to the UK and we broke up.

"Oh yeah! Happy early birthday to him.", I exclaimed trying to sound excited.

"I didn't know you work here in this bakery..", John stated. "It's my mom's favorite bakery.", He informed me and I nod my head, yeah he told me that his mom loved this bakery but to be truthfully honest his mom and me doesn't really get along so I don't really know much about her aside from the stuff mentioned when we're together.

"Oh yeah.. um how's your family?", I decided to ask.

"Ah they're just mostly the same old, nothing new nor changed.", He admits. "How's yours? Is Maxxie still obsessed with pokémon?", he wondered.

I nod my head and give him a small smile. "Yeah Max LOVES pokémon", I emphasized the loves. "And uh Keira is fine she's busy with work and Dad's went to Turkey for some projects there.", I explain, as he stares at me adoringly. He hums and lean against the counter, neither of us says anything afterwards we just stare at each other's eyes. I can feel the tension rising with each seconds passed, he inch his face closer to mine as I close my eyes waiting for something to happen.

"KEN!"

The moment got ruined instantly as I watch John backed away from the counter and we both watch Rosé stare at us with open mouth. "Uh did I interrupted something?", she skeptically ask freezing on her spot.

I immediately shook my head, "No not at all, uh he's just grabbing his order.", I give her a reassuring smile and she frowns then scan both me and John with her eyes still suspicious.

"Alright.. well we need to close the store and also pack some of the leftovers.", she said in hurry and I immediately grab John's order and give it to him.

"That'll be $24.67.", I awkwardly said trying to avoid his gaze, I hear the sound of him grabbing some money from his wallet and placed two $20 on the counter.

"Thank you for this. Also take the change", He ordered. "Are you free after this?", He questioned and based on his words I can hear some hopeful tone.

"I uh I got a plan after this..", I awkwardly reply as I rub the back of my neck. His face fell down but he gives me a small smile in understatement.

"I understand, maybe we can hang and talk properly sometimes this week? You know while I'm still here..", he suggested and I just nod my head softly. "Great! Thanks again, hope you have a good night.", he wished.

"You too, say hi to your family and my wish for Connor.", I wished back and he simply gives me a thumbs up before leaving out to the car parked in front of the store. I watch him drove away from the area and let out the breath I was holding.

"So who's that hmm?", Rosé asked from behind me making me flinch in surprise. "Oops sorry!", she apologized as she puts the bread and cookies that can't be stored for tomorrow in the plastic container.

"Uh he's my ex.", I answer shortly as I grab the broom from behind me and start sweeping the floor around the pantry now.

"Your ex?!", I hear Rosé exclaimed from the counter she then lean against the window that connects the counter with pantry. "Tell me about him.", she eagerly ask placing her arms in the opening then lean her face on her knuckles with a smile across her face.