"Did this, make a difference? Was I helpful? Please sir, don't tell me this was for nothing. Tell me this will be a good cause." He stuttered while lifting his bloodied hand towards Levi.

The raven haired man took the soldiers hand and held it tight. "We've made good strides today soldier, and tomorrow because of you. Your strength won't die with you, the torch will be carried on, by me. This I swear on my very life, the titans will be eradicated." The captain said with deep emotion. Kaya had learned that the captain tried his hardest to keep a stoic face in these situations, however, his voice always betrayed him and showed his true colours.

"He's gone." The ghoul muttered to the captain.

"Did he hear what I had to say, any of it?" Levi said while looking at the now corpse.

"By the looks of it, yes. He looks at peace with his death." Kaya said, trying to act as though she wasn't hungry at the sight of the soldier. She was keeping the drool hidden in her mouth but was interrupted from her trance when she heard the commanders voice.

"Levi, we're pulling out." Erwin stated.

"Seriously?" The ghoul spat with an irritated tone.

"What do you mean, you know damn well that we can push further. My men didn't die for nothing." The shorter male argued.

"There's a swarm of titans heading north, they're bearing down on the city. It's just like 5 years ago, something tells me this is gonna be bad, for all we know the walls already been reduced to rubble." Erwin said.

The two comrades gasped and looked at one another. Kaya wasn't present when wall Maria fell, but if it was anything like this, then they were screwed. They both called their horses and waited for the arrival. The smell of blood almost made Kaya insane, she had gone a while without a meal and as soon as she got away from the captain she was going to cure her hunger.

Shortly later, the horses arrived and they both headed north, to where the titans were storming. They both rode in silence until the ghoul finally decided to say something. "It was nice of you to talk to that soldier, I wouldn't have known what to say." She complimented.

"Tch, I told him what he needed to hear." The captain replied.

The ghoul wanted to continue the conversation but there was nothing to be said. What were you supposed to talk about while everyone around you is dying? There was no bright side to this. Instead, the two rode in silence until they met with the rest of their squad.

They continued to defend the walls and the civilians who were retreating into them. Kaya was killing titans left, right and centre. She was on a role, mainly due to the fact that the titans showed no interest in her, making her practically invisible to their radar. She wondered if anyone would notice the titans behaviour around her, if anyone, it would be Hange. That was not a conversation that the ghoul wanted to have.

"Levi, I've just received word from commander Pyxis. Apparently we have a Titan fighting for us, they are planning to seal the breach with this Titan power and they need backup." Erwin instructed.

"We're on it." Levi said before flying away. The rest of his squad were close behind him and to their surprise, they saw a titan, lifting a Boulder and walking towards the hole.

"Holy shit. Is this real?" The fox said in disbelief.

"Defend that thing at all costs." Levi ordered. They took down any titan that left the swarm near the corner of Trost and were successfully defending the green eyed titan. However, they were interrupted by a loud roar and a gust of wind that followed. The titan had pushed the boulder into the wall and the breach was sealed. Unfortunately, their distraction was taken advantage of by the titans who ran towards the boy who was emerging from the titan corpse. Both Levi and Kaya leaped into action.