5. The First Night - Learning The Basics

You arrived back at the pizzeria in your new uniform. It was a cleanly white and long sleeved shirt that had to be buttoned up and tucked in to look decent. There were also plain black pants and belt; a black tie, probably for cosmetics and to make you look smarter; a hat with the words 'SECURITY GUARD' and a pair of black leather lace-up boots that were about ankle high.

EXAMPLE BELOW IF NEEDED since my description just now might have been absolutely shit:

You didn't look half bad in the uniform but would have preferred something else. In a way though, it was also relatively comfortable and so you were atleast grateful for that considering you would have to wear it in the late hours of the night.

Standing in the doorway of the pizzeria once more was William. He was wearing a similar uniform to you, except it was short sleeved and he looked alot more smarter in it.

"Hello Y/N." William smiled and waved you over. You complied and quickly walked over to him.

"Hi Afton." You smiled back at him.

"Are you ready for your night shift?"

"Born ready!" You grinned.

William patted you on the back. "Alright, come on then. Let's get to the office now then. We do not want to be late now, do we?" He half-shoved you into the facility and locked the doors behind him. You looked at him with a raised brow. "No need to worry about it, just incase someone tries the door and tries to break in." William chuckled and gripped you firmly by the wrist, leading you towards the security guard office.

"Uh, you do realise you do not have to just drag me around the place?" You said, trying to resist abit.

"I don't want you wandering off and getting lost. It's your first day here after all and you definitely won't know your way 'round here yet." William said with a grunt, pulling you into a room.

It was a decently sized room, not overly spacious but also not too small. You noticed how the flooring was tiled with black and white squares in a checkered pattern and then the desk that was against the wall. There was a fan, some weird cupcake with eyes and other stuff that you had no idea what they were. There were a few posters hanging from the wall, one including 3 of the animatronics which was stating 'CELEBRATE'. You looked at the two doors on either side and walked to one of them. You pressed a button and a light flickered on. You then pressed the other and the door suddenly slammed shut, causing you to flinch from how sudden it was.

You guessed that it could probably act as a guillotine, except it wouldn't leave a clean cut.

A hand was placed on your shoulder, causing you to suddenly break from your thoughts. William leaned forward, pressing the two buttons to turn off the light and open the door again. "We won't be needing those yet." William said as he stood back up straight, removing his hand from your shoulder. He then strode to the desk and picked up a tablet. "I suppose I should explain some stuff now.." Just then, the telephone rang. "Ah, perfect timing." William quickly reached for the phone and grabbed it.

"Hello? Hello- Oh, you actually picked up!" Said a voice.

"Hello Scott." William grinned.

"Huh- Are you the new security guard, Afton?"

"Oh no, no I'm not."

"Then why exactly are you the one picking up the phone then?" There was clear confusion in Scott's voice.

"I am just helping out the new security guard, it's simple"

"But isn't that my job?"

"Don't complain about it." William grumbled. "No need to worry though, I have it all under control. You just take the night off. You will be able to inform Y/N tomorrow night."

"Y/N? Huh." Scott paused for a second. "Well, goodnight Afton and goodnight Y/N. Enjoy your first night! I can't wait to be working with you!" He said this in a joyful way and hung up the phone.

William put down the phone and cleared his throat, turning to look at you. "No need to worry about Scott, he'll just be an assistant for you on your other nights when I'm not there. Maybe you will get to meet him in person at some point. Now, let me explain some of the basics.. On this tablet is the cameras. You need to watch the animatronics and when they are near to the doors, you close them. Okay?"

You nodded slowly and was about to ask a question but William then continued.

"I should also probably note that power is limited so you can not keep the doors closed forever.. Got it?"

You nodded once more. "Yes.. But why exactly do the animatronics move though? Seems abit weird that you are letting them roam the building freely at night. Why are they even trying to get to me anyway?"

William narrowed his eyes and stared at you in silence for a few moments, maybe deep in thought, maybe trying to think of an excuse, who knows??? "..They're just.. They're just left in a free roaming mode at night. If they get turned off for too long then their servos can lock up. We can't risk that, can we?" He said with a smile to be more convincing.

"Err- Okay then.." You spoke slowly. What the fuck were servos? "Let's just get to work then I suppose."

You and William spent awhile just waiting and checking the cameras. It took awhile before one of the animatronics, known as Bonnie, moved slowly towards the door. However, William kept closing the door each time Bonnie attempted to get in. Other than that though, the night was rather uneventful.

Atleast it was a successful first night, eh?

991 Word Count
First Published - 30/03/22