2. A Potential Job Opportunity

It was the next day and honestly, you just could not wait for 3pm. You just wanted to hang out with William despite him being a total stranger to you for the most part. You chucked on some comfortable clothing and quickly set off out of your house at no later than 2pm.

...

You arrived at the pizzeria and it really was alot larger than you had expected, nor did it even look that bad from the outside. It had a large sign on the front stating 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza' and it had a cartoony bunny, bear, chicken and a fox on it.

Stepping through a door to the reception, you looked at a map of the building that was hung up on the wall. You ended up heading to the Dining Area which was rather full with children playing arcade games, eating greasy pizza and so on.

The floor was littered with red and blue squared tiles and there were a few wet floor signs. It was probably from when parents let their kids run around the building just spilling their drinks everywhere they go.

You decided you would play some of those silly arcade games to pass by some time. It did not take long, or what seemed like it to you anyway, until you felt the cold touch of a hand on your shoulder. You shivered abit due to the coldness and quickly turned around, wondering who it was. You were clearly startled.

"Did I startle ye?" said William. He stared down at you with those same silver piercing eyes, but abit more colder.

"Geez William- How did you stalk up on me like that?" you replied.

"You seemed very engrossed in that game that it seemed you were not paying attention to anything else but that.. It is simple really." William smiled for a second before returning to his blank expression.

You chuckled slightly, "Hah, yeah, I lost track of time I suppose aswell.. So this is your pizzeria, eh?"

"Not just mine.. It is Henry's too."

"Oh, that's cool. Maybe I could meet him someday."

"Yeah, maybe someday."

...

You spent awhile just talking to William and eating that greasy and really cheesy pizza.

You quickly gulfed down some of the pizza before speaking. "So.. If I may ask, where are your employees? I have seen the receptionist but that is it really. Surely there would be others too?"

"Oh.. Well we are abit short of staff due to... Some small incidents if I shall say the least " William murmured that last part and crossed his arms.

You did not take notice to what William said due to how quietly he said it. "Oh, well maybe I could apply. I am currently unemployed and have been looking for a job anyway."

"Well you sure can, just read this."

William took a decently sized piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to you. Suddenly his phone buzzed and he took it out to see what the matter was. William excused himself and quickly sprinted off down a hallway for whatever reason. You presumed he had been texted by someone and had to deal with something potentially urgent.

Whilst William was gone, you read the poster, it said 'Security Guard for hire, works 5 days a week from middnight to 6am.' and bla bla bla contact details and stuff.

"Seems like a fun job.. I could try it out I suppose.." you said whilst folding the paper up and slipping it into your pocket.

589 Word Count
First Published - 18/03/22