𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛; 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

Start from the beginning

    "Ready?" Renee asks for clarification.

    Rosalice nods her head, taking a step out. Leah instantly grabbed her arm and walked with her. "So what happened that night?" Leah asks.

    "What do you mean?" Flashes entering and going all too quickly.

    Leah explains, "The dinner you were kinda just... anxious."

    Rosalice nods, "Alice informed me of what the Originals were. I was just worried about them hurting our family." Telling half truths rather than the full one felt normal for Rosalice for she is the master of deception and deceit.

    Whisked down the steps of the stairs, hearing giggles happening just behind her as Renee and Jacob laugh at something that wasn't caught by Rosalice's ears.

    Once her foot made contact with the ground, eyes settled on both her and her twin. A chorus of, "Happy birthday." Was said.

     Renee said her thank yous whilst Rosalice wanted to hide somewhere else. Much like her mother Rosalice didn't like birthdays but for entirely different reasons. Bella didn't like them because she hated aging. Rosalice didn't like them because every single year some nomad had decided to make themselves comfortable, telling lies to appear that they wanted to be a part of the family. It only happened twice. And another factor that happened on her birthday was when she left to explore the forest with Leah to get away from a party that attacked all because she and her mother had come to share the sweetness of blood.

    Alice rushes the two girls to stand in front of their respective cakes. Esme lit the candles before stepping into her husband's arms. A wide smile spreads across starting up the song. Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Esme, and Carlisle all sang wonderfully. Edward sitting back and observing, Bella having a camera out video-taping it all. As for Emmett and Seth along with Jacob they all sang horribly off-tune on purpose. Piercing everyone's ears.

    Towards the end of the song, Renee didn't take her time to blow out her candle. Rosalice stood there for a moment. Thinking about her wish carefully. Usually she had been so careless, so wasteful of these wishes, quickly blowing them out without thinking one thing she wanted. Even if it did sound childish she thought long and hard for this wish. A wish on her twentieth birthday. Long and hard, silence becoming still in the air around. Only the rustles of busy people were heard. No words escaping anyone's lips. No sound. Simply silence. And in that single moment, that moment alone she knew what she wanted. Rosalice's lips parts a gust of air created from her pushed towards the two flickering dancing flames extinguishing them.

    A soft lips placed on Bella's lips as she watches her daughter intently, watching as she pulled away and awkwardly smiles to everyone realizing what held around her.

    Esme can't help but to ask, "What did you wish for?"

    Renee promptly stated hers, "To someday marry." Edward glares at Jacob who only rolled his eyes in response.

    The grandmother turned to the youngest of them all, smiling affectionately. "And you?"

    Rosalice said, "Wishes are meant to be secrets... so they can be fulfilled." Now Rosalice never would have believed this not once, not ever. But something inside her giddied at the childish act. It even indulged in it even.

     Esme softly nods, moving gracefully towards the cake. But Alice interrupted, "Presents first!"

    Auntie can we please open presents after we eat cake.

    "Not all of us can eat cake my dear."

    "I can name like five people who are starving right at this moment."

    Alice frowns, Jasper pulling her into his arms, whispering in her ear, "Just another moment darlin, you can last that long."

    Esme cuts into both of the cakes. The wolves took two pieces from both to start it off. Renee only took one. As for Rosalice, strangely Rosalice she took two then another two. Competing with the shifters how large of a portion she can feast upon. Having a sweet tooth like no other in such a moment. Finishing the cake made for her.

    Jacob had to comment, "Damn girl. Holding out on us."

    "No, I'm just starving."

    Leah raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything.

    Finally Alice's voice bursts loudly, "Presents! Finally!"

    The bronze haired Cullen stares at his daughter, eyes never leaving her. A small smile tugging at his features. He knew what she wished. And what she wished was heard by no one but him. A wish he planned to keep. A wish he wanted to be granted. A wish that broke hearts and mended minds. A wish to live serene.

 A wish to live serene