Castle On The Hill

Beginne am Anfang

"Aww, Mer. I miss her too, it's okay." Derek coddles here.

"I just want her back home. I know the kids miss her just as much as I do. I'm a mother and I get to be hormonal!" She snaps

"Ok guys don't mock her anymore." Derek snickers

"Bad husband!" Meredith slaps his shoulder.

The rig finally arrives and they wait for the doors to open.

"Jane Doe looks to be about late teens. She's hypothermic, freezing cold. No pulse, no vitals. G.C.S. of three. She had to be in the water longer than 2 hours."

The paramedics wheel out the patient and people freeze in their tracks.

"Mia...Oh. My. God." Meredith gasps

"Jesus." Derek's heart starts pounding.

"You guys need to go. You can't be here." Amelia and Alex shove Meredith and Derek out of the way.

"No! we need to be with her! Mia!" Meredith cries

Owen and April see them and the terror on their faces.

"Dude, she looks dead." An intern says.

"Shut up. She's not dead until she's warm and dead." April hops on top of Mia and starts pumping her chest.

"Shep, you guys can be in the room, but stay out of the way." Owen blocks the door and Derek's ready to fight him.

"She's gonna be okay. She's in great hands." Jo reassures them.

...

"Her temperature is sixty-eight degrees. We need to get it to eighty-six before we can try to restart her heart." Owen says

Maggie walks into the room.

"Oh My God. Oh My God. Do Mer and Derek know? Oh My God." Maggie exclaims

"Yes, they know. Someone hit her car and she crashed into the Sound. No vitals, no heartbeat, nothing." April says

"April, we-we can't lose her. We cannot lose her!" Maggie tells

"We're not gonna lose her. The same thing happened to Meredith and we're not gonna lose her. Even if she appears to be in way worse shape than her mother was. What's our plan?" Richard steps in to help.

"Let's push one of epi!" April orders

"No." Maggie denies

"Warm blankets, let's push one of epi!" April demands

"No. No, no, no! No epi! She's not circulating. It won't get to her heart. It'll pool in her system and that can be toxic. We need dual chest tubes and a thoracic lavage." Maggie orders everyone around.

"Okay, I got it. Wilson, get up here," April says

"She needs much better circulation, we need interposing abdominal CPR. Hunt, get in here. You gotta push, you alternate. Circulate the whole body. Keep it steady, about a hundred beats per minute." They all keep trying to pump her chest, straining to bring her back to life.