Umbrella

Description: Mia is eager to babysit while the doctors are out. Things don't turn out to be as easy as she hoped.

A/N: I miss when Grey's was in their prime and we would get more heartfelt scenes with the kids and surgeons, it was like an actual family. Thanks for the continuous love and support, hope you enjoy it!
—————————————————————————

 Thanks for the continuous love and support, hope you enjoy it!—————————————————————————

Author POV:

Tonight there was a big research project event for Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital and obviously, all of the doctors had to be there, including Mia's parents which meant they had to have a babysitter for all of the little ones.

Mia didn't really like the idea of that,  she thought she was old enough to look after them herself. She was seventeen. All of the doctors were getting a babysitter to look after all of the kids so it would be easier if they were all at her house. Again not the most ideal situation but she loved them all like they were her own family. She had an idea and ran to her parent's bedroom right away.

"Come on kids! Get ready for the babysitter to get here!" Mia heard Meredith.

"I still don't understand why we need one. I could have Jack here in five minutes and we can watch the kids." She tried to negotiate with her mother.

"I'm sure you are capable honey, but there will be a lot of children here tonight and I don't want you to have to worry about everyone. And don't you think that Jack will distract you from watching the kids? He likes to kiss you...a lot!" Mia's face turned into the shade of a tomato from hearing her mother's words.

"Mom, please? I really want to babysit, I promise it won't be too much. We'll be perfectly fine. God, you never let me have any independence or responsibilities!" She rolled her eyes.

"Mia, you have to understand that I don't like leaving you behind, okay? Neither does Dad

"Mia, you have to understand that I don't like leaving you behind, okay? Neither does Dad. It's hard for us to watch you grow up and let you go so easily, So, just go easy on me, okay? Anyways the babysitter is on her way now." Meredith said as the doorbell rang