There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Description: Mia goes through a rough patch in her life which nobody acknowledges until it's too late.

A/N: This is gonna be a very sad chapter, I'm sorry if I made you cry. I won't go too in-depth is what's going to happen but if you get triggered by mentions of death, suicide, depression, etc, then you should skip this chapter.
—————————————————————————

Mia POV:

There's that point in life when you reach your breaking point when you faced enough pain and you can not endure it any longer. I was overlooked. I always seemed okay to everyone. I was great at masking my emotions because I knew that if I didn't,  my parents would probably stick me in a psych ward somewhere. They would think I was crazy, but I wasn't.

There were always monsters tormenting me. Bullies, anxiety, self-doubt, not being loved as much as my siblings, you name it. I just didn't feel open to talking about it to anyone, they wouldn't understand. Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe I'm the problem. Nobody seems to care about how I feel and even thinks to ask me how I am. My body is numb. It just feels like I'm floating.

I come home from high school by myself. Zola, Bailey, and Ellis finish earlier than me so Mom and Dad pick them up.

I go upstairs to my room, but I'm stopped by my parents.

"Mia, when you're done helping out your brother and sisters with their homework, make sure that the dishes get done. We're exhausted, we need a break." Mom says

"Okay." I say softly.

Maybe today is the day to do it. The day I take my life. I just want to get it over with and do it in private. I'm tired of this. There's nothing for me here. There's nothing decent, nothing to look forward to, nobody to keep me going at all. It's not like anyone would truly care. They would be sad for a while and eventually move on. It's life, and I don't want to do it anymore.

I've talked to my teachers and parents. Nothing helps. I'm left with no other choice but to quit. I am a quitter. I quit when things get hard. I'm not willing to fight any longer. I know that this is the only thing left that I can do to take the pain away.

I stole Jo's gun from her and Alex's place a couple of days ago because I didn't know where else to get one at the age of seventeen. I just figured that a bullet to the head would be quick and easy. I didn't know if drugs would work and how many I would have to take and slitting my wrist would take too long.

I know my family will hate me for this, but maybe it's for the best. Maybe I'll be happy and they'll have one less kid to look after. It's a win-win situation, isn't it? At least I won't be in pain and I'll know that I tried to be happy.

"Dude, what's wrong with your face?" Zola asks which snaps me out of my gaze as I help her with her homework.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. Did you need help with anything else?" I ask