forty three

thursday

after a morning of lectures and seminars, hanako decided to spend the rest of the afternoon in the library to get her work done. with suna's party being this weekend, hanako wanted to get as much work done as possible so she wasn't trying to cram it all in sunday night when she would probably be hungover. she luckily didn't have too much to do, but whilst she was here made a start on the new assignment they were just given and next weeks work, just to keep on top of things.

especially since hanako seemed to find herself having less and less time to do her work, being working her job and balancing hanging out with her friends.

she set up her laptop in a corner of the library, putting in her headphones as she worked by herself, finishing this weeks work off within the first thirty minutes. working her way through the assignment checklist to create her plan and structure it out ready to write it.

whilst she was typing, she felt a hand rest on top of her head, making her jump back a little surprised, but she knew it osamu before she even turned. looking at him on the chair beside her, his hand dropping from her head and down to her thigh. she removed her earphones and put them on the table to hear him.

"how long you got left?" he asked her, looking at her laptop.

"not long," she said, leaning into his side tiredly. "why did you come, now you're going to distract me,"

"it doesn't take much to distract you," osamu put it bluntly.

hanako lifted her head off him to give him a hard stare, going back to her work and osamu wrapped his arm around her, pulling her back to him.

"i'm trying to work, leave me alone," hanako said shoving him off of her.

"don't get all stubborn on me, hana," osamu whined, letting go of her and for her to continue her work.

"i'm not speaking to you until i'm done," hanako said ignoring him as her eyes were glued to her laptop stubbornly.

"sure," osamu said, leaning back in the seat just observing, leaving her to her work undisturbed.

hanako continued working not paying attention to him, noticing he was just scrolling on his phone waiting for her to finish up. the girl went onto next weeks notes, looking at the work that had already been posted and worked her way through the reading. annotating it so she would be ahead, wanting to get as much done as possible. their next half term was slowly approaching, meaning there would be another reading week. and hanako would rather have the week doing nothing than her university work.

there was nothing more she hated than using the reading week to actually catch up on work. her idea was it was a week off to sit in her room and watch shows on her laptop, and not have to worry about it for a week. but given it was still first year, hanako wasn't too worried about her work being brilliant. first year result's didn't even make your percentage, all she had to do was pass. it was second and third year that actually went towards her end grade.

osamu sighed next to her loudly, trying to get her to pay attention to him and finish her work quickly. but she ignored him. far too focused now on ignoring him to even turn to see what he was doing, she was too far into her bit to even register what he was doing beside her. but this just annoyed him more, sighing loudly again, waiting for her to react, but she never did.