"Where did the noble monarch read about these things?"

It must be stated that the contents of the book could be of great use. When he mentioned Lin County to Shen Yu, he wasn't expecting to get any suggestions. Yet Shen Yu gave him such a big surprise.

"Will it help Your Majesty?" Shen Yu didn't answer Shang JunLin's question. He couldn't possibly tell Shang JunLin that he got it from Shen QingRan in his previous life, at least not yet.

Looking at Shen Yu's expression, Shang JunLin knew he wouldn't tell him even if he asked further. Shen Yu didn't have just one or two secrets. One more didn't matter.

Shang JunLin wasn't in a hurry. He suppressed his rare loss of composure and released Shen Yu's arm. "The noble monarch really is a great help to this emperor."

"This is a gift for Your Majesty. Does Your Majesty like it?" Shen Yu felt relieved that Shang JunLin hadn't pressed him for the source of the information. Even if he had thousands of ways to hide the past, he didn't want to deceive Shang JunLin about this.

"This emperor likes it very much." Shang JunLin's fingers kept tightening on the book. The ink-black darkness in his eyes roiled, but soon returned to calm.

Shen Yu thought for a moment and made a request. "Your Majesty, I have another selfish thing to ask. When Your Majesty discusses this with the ministers, will you please not mention my name?"

"You should be rewarded for presenting something so useful. You really don't want credit?" Shang JunLin raised his eyebrows. Was this the same Noble Monarch Shen who demanded a reward just because his maid was frightened?

"I already said it's a birthday gift for Your Majesty. How can I be rewarded?" Besides, the content in the book didn't originally come from him. Shen Yu wasn't interested in falsely claiming credit from others.

In the book Shen Yu read after his death, it stated that many of the things Shen QingRan used came from the wisdom of future generations. Maybe Shen QingRan was willing to brazenly claim the merit for himself, but that didn't mean Shen Yu would.

If it didn't belong to him, Shen Yu would never lower himself to ask for it.

"When the noble monarch's birthday comes, this emperor will give you a grand present."

That day, Shang JunLin deliberated in the imperial study until midnight. When he returned to Yuzhang Palace, Shen Yu was already asleep. He took off his outer robe and got into bed. Before long, Shen Yu noticed the heat source and snuggled next to him. Shang JunLin hugged the man in his arms and slowly closed his eyes.

The King of Li and the King of Yue dragged themselves out of the palace covered in wounds, and the news spread quickly among the upper class circles in the capital. This was the center of power, and two princes were involved. The ministers privately speculated about what happened.

They didn't have to make guesses for long. The imperial palace issued an edict the next day. Because of their confrontation with the emperor and the noble monarch, the King of Li and the King of Yue were ordered to remain within doors and reflect on their failings.

When people heard the news, they looked at each other in surprise.

"The King of Li disrespected His Majesty and the noble monarch at the palace banquet. I thought he might suffer for it. His Majesty didn't make an issue of it at the time, but I thought it was because he was thinking of the King of Li's face. I didn't expect..."

"The King of Li isn't surprising, but what about the King of Yue? The King of Yue has always been so dutiful and honest. Why would he make trouble with the noble monarch, who's highly favored?"