Best lemon bars

PREP TIME
10
minutes
COOK TIME
50
minutes
SERVINGS
6

Ingredients
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
½ cup lemon juice
½ tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Optional Ingredients
Dried lemon slices, for decoration
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and line a 9x14-inch baking dish or ceramic dish with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper fully covers the sides of the dish, so that the finished lemon bars can be easily removed.
In a stand mixer, sift ¼ cup of sugar with 1 cup of plain flour and ¼ of salt, and then combine with ½ cup of butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Press the mixture into the base of the prepared baking dish and make it as even as possible. Using a fork, prick the base several times and then bake this for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, sift together the remaining 1 cup of sugar with 3 tablespoons of plain flour. Then, mix in the 3 eggs, ½ cup of lemon juice, and ½ tablespoon of lemon zest.
When the base is ready, remove it from the oven and drop the oven temperature slightly, to 325 F.
Leave the base to cool for 5 minutes or so, before pouring the lemon layer over the top. Put this straight back in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes, until the lemon layer has set.
Take the baked lemon bars out of the oven and leave them to cool completely, before transferring them to the fridge to set further, either for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, slice the lemon bar block into 6 even squares, dust with powdered sugar, and decorate with dried lemon
slices.

Nutrition
Calories per Serving 424
Total Fat 17.7 g
Saturated Fat 10.4 g
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 120.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 62.6 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Total Sugars 42.7 g
Sodium 130.7 mg
Protein 5.5 g