~CHAPTER 43~

Mulai dari awal

Jack chuckles, amused at the idea. "Ight I'm down. What would our roles be?"

"Merida is drums, Hiccup is the triangle thing, you'll be guitar, and I'll be vocals," I say, confidently, knowing Hiccup would have a comment.

"Triangle thing?" He repeats, unamused. "Why would you have me do that?"

"Cuz surely you won't mess up on that," Merida says, laughing. "We have the utmost confidence in you that you'll play the triangle thing right."

"I don't know," Jack starts, staring Hiccup down with playful eyes. "There's a possibility he'll miss his cue."

"Ha ha, very funny," says Hiccup with the roll of his eyes.

I giggle and continue down the wall, admiring each guitar that caught my eyes. We're currently inside an instrument shop, a store Jack wanted to check out as we rode around town browsing whatever it is that catches his interest. However, while he does seem like he's enjoying himself, I know that he's probably a bit bored. And the thing is, when he's bored, he's the one who tries to "unbore" himself. If there's no fun going around, he makes it himself.

But now, he's just going along with the flow of things that probably don't really have his interest. Letting things unfold naturally instead of causing mischievous fun chaos. Ever since Elsa started her silent treatment with him, he's been different. Not as lively. He's probably thinking of her now.

He's tried talking to her at school, through texts too, but she refused to listen, not yet ready to talk. Anna and I respected her wish for a while, but seeing him, and even Elsa herself, look so uncomfortable and miserable not being near each other and talking...well my cousin and I weren't gonna have it.

We tried talking to Elsa, for our own selves, but we didn't pry too much. It wasn't until Jack asked Anna and I himself for us to talk to her that we tried again. For him. Her answer was the same.

But running into Marianne at the last football game must have knocked some sense into her. Because a couple of days later, Elsa is telling me that for Thanksgiving we'll also be celebrating Jack's 18th birthday. And that for his gift, she plans on telling him she loves him and that she's ready to be a public couple. She doesn't want her fears to waste any more time.

To say Anna and I squealed in excitement and joy would be an understatement. We straight up demolished our lungs and vocal cords. Because not only did Elsa admit to wanting to be in a relationship with him, but she also admitted her feelings for him. She loves Jack. LOVES!!

The feeling I felt was exactly how it felt whenever my ships in books or shows become canon. However, it's not yet official. I mean it pretty much already is since I know Jack feels the same about Elsa, but until the words are said between the two of them, nothing is certain yet.

Anyway, the plan was for Merida, Hiccup, and I to hang out with Jack today, keeping him distracted, while everyone else deals with the food and decorating. There are going to be so many people there. North, Bunny, Tooth, Sandy, Jack's mom and siblings, my parents, Elsa, Anna, Astrid, Moana, Maui, Flynn, and Kristoff. And of course Merida, Hiccup, myself, and the birthday boy.

Olaf won't be able to make it because he'll be working. Said something along the lines of "Giving hugs to patients, telling stories to them, and cooking food in the cafeteria is not an easy job. But it's something I love to do! I need to be there."

Which absolutely warmed my heart.

Astrid's aunt and Hiccup's dad usually spend the day with them and later go into work in the evening after dropping them off at Merida's. This year though, according to them, it's going to be different. Usually, they'll spend the afternoon with their guardians, and then in the evening they'll be with Merida and her family, but this time Astrid's aunt wants to spend the afternoon dinner with Felix, her boyfriend, and Hiccup's dad has decided to stay at work all day for reasons not even Hiccup knows.