Shoto's body grew stiff after a minute as the drug was pushed into his system. His body felt heavy and horror filled him as he felt hands travel up into his pockets and then pull at his hoodie. When he managed to spike up a small amount of ice, he was beaten with fists, feet, and then ultimately, a bar. Helplessly, the men took advantage of his body and then left shortly after.

   Shoto had to wait nearly half an hour before he pulled at his arms. Within an hour, he could stand on his own two feet. Once standing, he weakly gathered his scattered items which consisted of his shirt, hoodie, pants, and shoes. Every step he took, his body ached in horrid pain and a sickness built up in the pit of his stomach. A typical 15 minute walk turned into a 50 nightmarish stumble to Izuku's house.

   With relief, Shoto spotted Midoriya's house by the front porch light. Izuku was surprisingly outside, sitting on the steps in a jacket. He was holding an animal to his chest and he didn't see Shoto standing about six or seven feet from him. Suddenly, the door opened and Mrs. Midoriya came outside, pulling a cardigan over her shirt. She saw Shoto's figure and tensed up, asking who he was.

   "Please help me." Shoto whispered after a few minutes of silence. Izuku's eyes widened at the sound of a familiar voice. Gasping, he stood up, handing a stray kitten to his mother.

   "Shoto? Shoto, are you alright?" Izuku asked, hurrying over to his friend. His hands brushed a wound on Shoto's cheek and the injured male let out a low groan that sent shivers up Izuku's spine.

   "No."

   "Come on, let's get you inside."

   "Please help me." Shoto coughed out, wrapping his arms around Izuku's neck. He stumbled forward and his left arm fell to his side.

   Izuku staggered as he grabbed Shoto's waist and upper chest. He managed to pick him up in bridal style carry and he used this method to transfer Shoto to his room. The house was fairly dark inside so the two of them couldn't see how bad the injuries actually were. Mrs. Midoriya finally came inside when she heard her son screaming for her.

   Once Izuku had set Shoto on his bed and flipped the light on, he had uncovered the true appearance of his best friend. Shoto's face was busted up, blood running from his nose and mouth. His right eye was swollen and bruised along with his cheek and his nose. A large bump had occurred just above his left eye and it had lifted some of the scar up with it. Izuku could also see that his friend's hands were covered in blood. Shoto's middle finger was bent in a rather unusual manner and it was also swollen and bruised.

   "What-what do we do— what happened?" Izuku cried out, turning from his mother to his friend and then back to his mother.

   "His leg—" Mrs. Midoriya started, "—Izu, grab me scissors, now!" The woman demanded, hurrying over to Shoto.

   "Okay, okay! Scissors, scissors..." Izuku repeated, gunning it out of the room.

   "Sweetheart, it's alright. We're going to help you. Do you want me to call someone? Your brother? Sister? Father?" The mother offered.

   "No, no!" Shoto cried out. Tears welled up in his eyes as he begged her not to call anyone.

   "Shoto—"

   "I don't want to go home!" He sobbed out, shaking softly.

   "Honey, don't cry! Don't cry, it's alright. I won't call anyone." Mrs. Midoriya promised.

   Izuku rushed back with scissors and Mrs. Midoriya explained everything she did to Shoto. He agreed to everything and once his pants were cut, it was determined his left leg was broken. They couldn't do much to help the broken bone, but they did wrap from underneath his shin up to the middle of his thigh on both legs. They then bandaged his left foot and up to his ankle, having suspicion that his ankle was broken as well. They didn't say anything about that and they turned to his upper body. The mother and son managed to slid his hoodie and shirt off, bandaging up his chest and back once they got him to sit. He clearly hurt so they gave him breaks and then finally settled him down.

   Minutes turned to hours for Shoto to fully calm down. The kitten snuggled into his right side and Izuku sat on his left side, gently rubbing a thumb over Shoto's palm. Every rub made Shoto's eyelids waver and eventually, one of them managed to put him to sleep. Izuku didn't stop there and he looked up at his mother who was worrying away.

   Quiet conversations were exchanged back and forth and they decided to keep their trust with Shoto and not call anyone tonight. Tomorrow they knew they would have to call someone and also check Shoto into a doctor's office. With a kiss on the forehead, Mrs. Midoriya told her son not to stay up too late. Then she gently scooped the kitten up and took it to her room, taking pictures of it to then posting it online.

   "Izuku?" A hoarse voice whispered. Izuku looked over from the bed he was starting to now build on the floor.

   "Shoto? Are you feeling alright?" Izuku panicked, ready to scream for his mother again.

   "Can you sleep with me?"

   "Are you sure—"

   "I'm not okay." Shoto whispered.

   Those words made Izuku pause. Without thinking twice, he put his pillow back on his bed and rolled in beside Shoto. He stayed with him all night and held his hand, rubbing between Shoto's thumb and index finger. He gently put a hand to Shoto's hair, pushing back some hair. These actions sent Shoto into a deep, comfortable sleep.