"{Y/N}, darling, are you feeling well..?" I gasped. His eyes were red, hair longer with tufts of ears on top of his head. Small black antlers stood between his ears, and his skin was grey, teeth yellow and as sharp as broken glass. I looked down, my nails much longer and sharper, my skin paler and nearly ghostly. My breathing became louder, more exaggerated as I began to back away, attempting to process everything. I heard the officer's ghostly bellow call towards me.

      "You did it! You killed her!"

      "{Y/N}. My love, can you hear me? You look as if you saw something out of place." I snapped back towards Alastor. His hair was back to normal, brown and soft, and his skin warm with blood. I looked around, the officer was gone, no one had tails and horns and the lights no longer shone red. I leaned again my love, dripping his suit tightly.

      "I-I'm quite alright.. Just a bit woozy.." I stared at his chest, beginning to calm down as his arms wrapped around me comfortingly, thumb rubbing my shoulder.

      "Very well, my doe. Take all the time you need~." He hummed as he kept me close. What was that? It seemed so.. fast, it seemed to flash through in bits and pieces. Everyone looked like some sort of monster. I took a shaky breath, nuzzling deeper into Alastor's torso. He had always made me feel so very safe. Perhaps I had gone even more mad.

April 22, 1932

      "My love, you'll love this place. Bakes the finest cakes and cooks the most mouth watering foods!" Alastor exclaimed as he pulled his shiny shoes on at the bottom of the stairs. Right where that officer was released from life. I never found out what Alastor did with the body, and that was likely for the best.

      I smiled as I walked down the stairs, fixing my white dress. We had already started brain storming ideas for the wedding in March, and decided to set those plans into motion today by testing out different cakes and foods for the big event. Alastor was paying people to get everything set up, and he stayed on top of it. He was very organized. I reached the bottom of the stairs and wrapped my arm around his.

      "Shall we..?" He gestured to the door.

      "We shall!" Alastor chuckled at my enthusiasm as he opened the front door for us. Flowers had bloomed within the last month, which colored the dull streets at this time. Although there was death in every direction you turned, now there were pretty flowers as well. The smell of pollen engulfed my sense of scent, a sneeze escaping me.

      "Bless you, my doe! I see Spring makes you sneeze more often than usual." I nodded my head with a grumble was we stepped onto the path, following it to get to our desired destination. I was always a huge fan of sweets, it was hard to avoid eating them. But Alastor didn't like sweets as much, so it'd be difficult to find a cake we'd both enjoy for the wedding.

      The weather was quite nice, there were only white fluffy clouds that looked as if paintbrushes placed them here and there. The sun shone down upon the gloomy town, bringing hope and happiness. They day would nearly be perfect, yet orphans ran around in attempt to have fun, others stole from stands with fruits and vegetables and bread, while adults without homes slept in the alleys or against shop walls. The lack of employment had greatly affected many businesses and people.

      "So many orphans.." Alastor said as he took a look around, it was as if he had read my mind. I nodded my head slowly with a sorrowful hum. It truly broke my heart to see so many children without homes and parents roaming the streets. I noticed a woman holding her toddler close, sobbing and apologizing. She kept saying how she had nothing to buy food for him.

      "Wait here, my love." I said as I slipped my arm from his, opening my purse and rummaging through it. I walked up to the woman with a gentle smile, pulling my hand out of my purse to reveal ten dollars worth of money. I know it was a lot. But they needed it. And I could tell this boy's mother had a deep love for him. Seeing things such as love helped me have faith in humanity. Even if I was a reason people were losing faith.