Chapter 42 - You Trust Him, My Love?

A/N: I listened to Taylor's Champagne Problems as I wrote this, and I gotta say. Don't. Unless you want a stuffy nose, and lots of tears, that is.

---------------------------------------------------

Eve had just realised who the spy in the Order was. It was Peter Pettigrew. She stood there, shocked for a moment, before entering into Rosier's character again. She saw as Boneville entered another room, followed closely by the one person she didn't want to see. Pettigrew.

Rosier followed the two. Boneville was none other than Medea, so she had to make sure that he was protected. She sent a nod to Seuss (Max) to give a signal to the Aurors, and he discreetly took his wand out as he went into a balcony to light a cigarette. Rosier entered the room. Pettigrew was holding his wand against Boneville's throat.

"Woah, woah, there Pettigrew. Trying to kill a brother, or here under Dumbledore's orders? I'm going to have to kill you if it's either one anyway if you don't take off your wand from my old friend's throat," he said, drawing his wand out.

"R-Rosier," Peter said, stretching out his arm to show the Dark Mark, and thereby proving himself to be a Death Eater.

"So, you're the spy, eh?" Rosier asked coolly, athough he wanted to hex the man into oblivion.

"Y-yes. But y-you'll be glad to know that I-I've got one spy here, w-who doesn't belong," he said, pointing to Boneville.

BOOM.

The attacks had begun. The MACUSA was taking in Death Eaters, and amushed their place, just as they had done to the MACUSA Headquarters. The Polyjuice began to wear off of Boneville's face first.

"S-see? I-I told you, he wasn't acting li-like his usual self. R-r-refused to take a cigarette from me," he said, proud of himself.

"Good job, Pettigrew. Now hand her over to me. I'll take care of her-" her hands started to jiggle, and Eve knew her time was up. Peter, held his wand next to Medea's throat, like she was his hostage.

"E-Eve?"

"Oh, don't you dare 'Eve' me. Let her go, Peter!"

Max rushed into the room, and Peter looked terrified.

"You're outnumbered, Pete. Give up, and you'll only end up in Azkaban. Not an execution, nothing big," Eve said, but he didn't budge.

"A-any of you move, and I'll kill her!" he shouted. The battle was still going on, and no one else knew what was going on in the other room. "Wands on the ground, h-hands behind your heads!"

Both of them dropped their wands on the ground and stood with their hands behind their backs. Eve cursed the man under her breath every moment. Peter looked between Eva and Max.

Max started to talk, "Medi, don't worry. The Aurors will be here in no time and this piece of vermin will be put in Azkaban, and we'll-"

"Avada Kedavra!" Peter shouted at the man, and he fell. Medea tried to free herself of Peter's grip, and Eve tried to hold the man as he fell, but Peter warned, "No! Don't. Go near him, and I kill h-her too, and then y-you'll be next in line."

Eve closed her eyes, trying to control both her anger and tears.

Crack! And he'd disappeared along with Medea.

Eve took her wand, and Apparated to the first place she could think of: her flat.

---------------------------------------------------

As soon as she reached her flat, she took some Floo powder in her hand, and threw it into the fireplace.

"Hogwarts Headmaster's Office!" she shouted and entered into the flames, her veins burning with anger and hatred. No one was there. She frantically searched around the school grounds and Hogsmeade for the Headmaster, but he wasn't there. The students looked with awe as they saw a woman with a Dark Mark on her arm running about the school, asking for the Headmaster.

From there, she went back to Sirius' flat in Paris. Empty. James' flat in Mumbai. Also Empty. Remus' flat in Toronto. Empty. Lily's flat in Japan. Empty! Where was everyone? She Apparated to Potter Manor, which was also empty (James' parents were dead). Where could they possibly have been?

She returned to her own flat. She was surprised to see her friends there, with faces of disgust and disapproval. Even Sirius hesitated to look at her. She looked towards the corner, and there stood Peter, with an unconsious Medea. Effect of the Cruciatus Curse, she recognised. Tears formed in her eyes. She understood what was going on.

Peter had fed them lies.

"It's game over," Remus said, his voice filled with hatred.

"Sirius, do you believe this-" Eve said as she took a step towards him. Sirius hesitated and stepped back.

In his defence, Sirius was right to think that Eve was a Death Eater. She had always had a knack for the Dark Arts, and she had even used it once in a while. And now she had a Dark Mark on her arm, which he was sure he hadn't seen before, but she had only just arrived from a meeting with Death Eaters.

But Sirius couldn't believe his own eyes. As soon as he'd stepped back, he regretted it. He wanted to take it back. If he could just reverse time for a second, ask Eve what was going on- but the past was already decided and gone.

Eve glared at Sirius. Before anything else happened, she said, "You trust him, my love?" Sirius didn't dare move. Anger coursed through Eve's veins. Sirius was her love. He had always told her that he trusted her. Her muscles tensed, and her hands clenched to form fists. "As you wish. Fare thee well," she said.

She turned and Disapparated. The others took a deep breath, laid Medea to rest on the bed, and went back home. It was almost sundown. They would inform the Ministry later the next day.

---------------------------------------------------

November 1, 7.30 AM

"Mom, it wasn't her, I swear!"

"If it wasn't her, tell me who killed Max? And where is she anyway?"

"There's a man, cold voice. I can't remember clearly, but he was there. He held a wand to my throat from behind me. Probably stuttered. He used the Cruciatus Curse on me after we Disapparated into some cold region," Medea said, "tried to erase my memory too, and it worked a bit. But not completely. Eve is innocent. Do you want a written record? My memory? I'll give it to ya!"

"Are you sure it wasn't Eve, because if it was-"

"Mrs. Goldstein, I would never hurt your daughter, you know that," Eve said from behind Tina. Medea grinned at Eve, and she gave her a wink.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to find where Pettigrew was," Eve said as she sat on the chair opposite the Chief of Aurors, "Never found him in the end. You okay, Medea?" Medea nodded at her.

"Sirius Black was charged with the murder of Peter Pettigrew," Tina said as though it were common news.

"What?!"

"Your fiance, the Secret Keeper of the Potters', gave away their location to Voldemort. The Potters' are dead, and Pettigrew went after Sirius to confront the man, and Sirius killed him. 12 Muggles dead with a single spell. All that was left of Pettigrew was a finger."

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: Too many break- ups, to sum it all up. Reminder, vote.