Chapter 1 - Mummy, I'm 11 Now!

Sherlock Holmes rolled his eyes. He loved his mum, mind you, but he certainly did not like calling her 'Mummy', like his twin did. Evangeline Holmes was his one true friend in the world of stupid, ordinary people. That's right. Eva was his twin, younger to him by 3 minutes, and he NEVER failed to mention it. She was just like him. She could read people just by looking at them and deduce things almost immediately. Both of them could complete each other's sentences. It was like they had the same mind, and it was connected. Their parents called it 'twintuition'.

Sherlock and Eva were always in the same class, and both were considered as VERY odd people. Sherlock always kept to himself, but Eva was more outgoing. She liked to pull pranks and claim the credit for it, while he was more of the man in the backstage who helped her out. He was only himself in front of Eva, showing his true emotions and talking to her like she was the only person in the world.

Today, however, was their special day. Even though Eve (her preferred nickname) was excellent in keeping her emotions to herself (like Sherlock), she let it all go. She woke up early, (very unlike herself) raced down the stairs, woke Mum and Dad and shouted "Mummy! I'm Eleven!", and when they woke up, she pulled the party popper (she'd bought with her pocket money), much to the disapproval of her mother. And that is how, ladies and gentlemen, Eve got herself grounded for an hour on her birthday. 

After all the drama that Eve had put up, she was allowed to open her presents along with her brother. Her mum and dad had got her a new bike, Mycroft had bought her a new bag (she didn't like him much, though, he was a bully most of the time) and Sherlock had bought her a new set of pens, after she'd broken them all in her pen fights with classmates. 

Later in the evening, a lady came to the house. Scratch that. A stern looking, weirdly-dressed lady rang the doorbell. She wore an emerald green cloak. A cloak? 'Who wears cloak like THIS in London?' was Eve's first thought.

"Hello. I'm looking for Evangeline Holmes. I'm Minerva McGonagall. I assume that I'm at the right place?"

"Yes, I'm her mother. How can I help you?" her mother  asked.

"I'm a professor at a renowned institution. I'm glad to tell you that your daughter has been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." McGonagall informed

"Hogwarts School of WHAT AND WHAT?"

"You might want to sit down for this. May I come in?"

"Please do."

-------------------------------------------------

Please Vote!