Chapter 23 - Toward The Future And For The Future

A few students had gathered at Professor Dumbledore's office. He had told them to have a few Sugar Quills as they had been waiting. After half an hour or so, Professor Dumbledore drew silence from the room with his wand.

"Good Evening, students. As you all know, today you have been asked to gather at my office for a potential job offer. A member of the Order Of The Phoenix. I must however, warn you again. This job is only for those who are willing to walk on the right path, towards a bright future. The job is quite risky, but it is for the welfare of the future. It is for your own welfare, and for those who come after you. Being a member of this Order means  you are willing to take what could your days of youth and give it away for a purpose higher than just partying and being kids. If anyone wishes not to join the Order, please, you may take leave, and go back to your dormitories. The other years are having their final examinations." No one left. Dumbledore had picked just the right students.

"Very well then, let's do a little roll call, shall we? Minerva, will you do the honour?"

Professor McGonagall came forward. "When I call you names, say 'present,' please."

"Fortescue, Alice" "Present"

"Fenwick, Benjy" "Present"

"Longbottom, Frank" "Present"

"Dearborn, Caradoc" "Present"

"McKinnon, Marlene" "Present"

"Meadows, Dorcas" "Present"

"Bones, Edgar" "Present"

"Pettigrew, Peter" "Present"

"Potter, James" "Present"

"Holmes, Evangeline" "Present. Also, please call me Eve not-"

"Black, Sirius" "Present"

"Lupin, Remus" "Present"

"Evans, Lily" "Present"

"Prewett, Gideon" "Present"

"Prewett, Fabian" "Present"

"Vance, Emmeline" "Present"

"And that's the list, Dumbledore." She nodded at Dumbledore and sat back on her chair.

"Now that we're all here and ready, I would like to tell you all what you will be expected to do and who we really are. We are a secret society helping the Ministry of Magic to find Death Eaters. However, since most of you are under-age, you cannot go about with your wand sticking out your pockets and hex some Death Eater.

As long as you are in this school, you will be under your teachers' protection and you will be allowed to do Magic. I have been informed that Lord Voldemort has recruited some teenagers to become Death Eaters. So, as of this current moment, I can personally guarantee you that there are Death Eaters at Hogwarts. And that is what your task is. Your task is to find out who the Death Eaters inside this school are, with proof. And if you can, try convincing a few Slytherins to join our side too.

As members of the Order, you will also be informed about what is actually going on in the Wizarding World. You will be given accurate news by Professor McGonagall every 3 weeks, and you are expected to not reveal the news to anyone. This will include news regarding deaths of people, new Minsitry laws and so on. The news will be revealed to the others when the Ministry finds it the right time to do so.

Also note, if you find a Death Eater willing to join our side, please tell them that they are welcome to join us after a short interview with me in my office.

Each and every one of you will know the password to the Headmaster's office in case you need it during any times of emergency.

Should any of you get any threats from Death Eaters that are aimed towards hurting you or more importantly, your families, you first priority should be to either inform Professor McGonagall, Flitwick, Sprout or me. Please refrain from telling those who are not in the Order about the threats that you recieve. We cannot spread panic in the minds of students.

All of you will be given extra defence, charms and potions lessons by Professor McGonagall, Flitwick and Slughorn once a month. Do not mention the Order to Professor Slughorn. He does not know about it. According to you, you are taking classes for extra credit. That is what you will tell you peers.

I would also recommend that you tell your parents that you have joined a 'Defence Army' should you wish to inform them about your activities at school.

All of you are hand-picked by your heads of houses or by me. Therefore, I expect you all to concentrate completely on your lessons from your next term. All of you are brilliant students, or students with the potential to be brilliant. As soon as you turn 17, you will each be given a subject to master, better than the NEWT levels. This will not only help you in your future career, it will also help us set tasks according to the subject that is your forte.

You can use the rest of your week to practice Patronuses. They are quite essential for communication. Yes, we have found a method to make them useful for communication, too.

I hope that all these rules are clear. If you have any doubts, please raise your hand, and your questions will be answered."

Lily raised her hand slowly.

"Yes, Ms. Evans?" Dumbledore asked.

"Professor, my parents are Muggles. They don't know anything about V-V-Voldemort being back. What should I tell them? I don't want to scare them either."

"Very good question. I suggest you tell your parents that a small Dark Wizard is on the move and that you are joining a little group that helps the Prime Minister to catch him. Just like Sleeping Beauty. We are going to try and catch Maleficent. That was the movie, correct?"

Lily nodded and Eve grinned as every other pure-blood and half-blood wizard looked around for an explanation.

"Well, any other questions?" Silence followed.

"Well then, chop-chop. Off to your dorms, all of you. Good Evening. You may take a Sugar Quill on your way out, if you wish."

"Evening, Professors."

As they made their way back to the dorm, the Marauders and the 3 girls discussed about the Death Eaters at Hogwarts.

"There's Avery, Yaxley, let's not forget Lucius."

"And there's Bellatrix, Narcissa and Spies."

Suddenly Sirius stood still. "D-Do you think that Regulus could be a Death Eater too?" He asked his friends. Everyone thought that it was nonsense and that Voldemort wouldn't recruit a 14 year old.

Eve interrupted friends' heated discussion, "Well there's one way to find out. Your mum's always proud of Reggie. Just go home and if she says anything about your brother joining old Voldy, send Dumbledore a letter, or a Patronus."

"We're gonna need some private space if we are practicing Patronuses. Anyone, any ideas?"

"Shrieking Shack?" Moony asked. The Marauders and Lily gave Remus a knowing look, and he nodded at them.

"Marlene, Alice, it's high time I told you something," Remus said with a sigh.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry, I know I said we'll be able to know Eve's patronus, but this chapter is already very long, so I decided to just move that to the next chapter.