Chapter 4 - Platform 9 And 3 Quarters

"Did you just say 'platform 9 and 3 quarters'?!"

"Yes, dear. I'll personally go with you to the platform before I go to the school myself."

Eve couldn't believe what she was hearing from Professor Minnie. It was McGonagalls' turn to smirk now. Perhaps it WAS a prank, Eve thought. Perhaps Mycroft had set this all up. He had always found solace in making Sherlock and her feel like idiots compared to him.

"THERE IS NO PLATFORM 9 AND 3 QUARTERS AT KING'S CROSS!"

The other Holmes' were listening to Eve's and Minnie's conversation across the room. It was frightening to see Eve in a furious mood. Mycroft always told that "If Satan was true, she'd be his boss." And currently, Eve was FREAKING OUT. 

After an hour of saying the same thing over and over again, McGonagall had convinced Eve that there was indeed a platform 9 and three quarters at King's cross. However, she would have to wait at least a week until the start of the new term. Now, this was a task. Eve couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts. To pass the time, she listened to songs while she read all of her textbooks and chatted with Sherlock about how school would be without her pranks.

After ANOTHER eternity of waiting, the day was finally here. And it was on this day, that Eve finally could fall asleep, after 2 weeks of no sleep at all. "Oi, sleepyhead. Wake up. Rise and shine, whatever the saying is. You need to get ready for school," a weak voice came into her head. She opened her eyes to see that not only was Sherlock screaming into her ears to wake up, he was also shaking her like she had been sleeping for a 100 years. Realizing that she was late, she ran out of bed to get ready.

After an hour, the family had finally reached King's Cross. Eve had her trunk all packed up, and after what seemed like a load of stupidity, Minnie convinced her to run through the walls between platforms 9 and 10.

Sherlock, Mycroft, Mum and Dad were there too. She gave all of them (yes, Mycroft too) a hug before getting her trunk into the train. She promised them all letters and told that she'd visit them as soon as she could. After a few tears of happiness and a few of sadness, Eve was in all settled in her compartment. She had a a lot of Galleons if she needed it for anything. As soon as she finished counting all her money, a tall boy entered the compartment.

"Are any of these seats taken?"

Eve looked at the boy. He had a quite a few scars on his face, like they were from animal claws. He was tall, but not tall enough to be above her age. His suitcase had the initials R.J.L. He sounded tired. Like he'd just had a bout of flu and he got on the train immediately after recovering.

"No, not at all. Please, have a seat." Eve replied with a small smile.

"My name's Eve, by the way. Actually it's Evangeline. Evangeline Grace Scott Holmes. But I go by Eve or Eva. I'm a first year. You?"

"Remus. Remus John Lupin. First year too. Great name you have though. 4 names is quite uncommon to me. It's really great to meet you." The boy gave her a genuine smile, even though he looked like he could faint any moment. She decided not to talk about his health right away. It might be... too invasive. Having nothing else to talk about, she decide to take out the book that Sherlock had given her a few days ago. It was The Hobbit. Remus saw the title of the book and at once asked "You're reading The Hobbit? It's great, you know. It's really interesting, especially when- " Eve interrupted Remus, "No spoilers, please, Remus" Remus grinned at her and nodded. "So, are your parents Muggles too? You seem to know a lot about Muggle books." Eve asked. "Nah, only my mum's a Muggle. Dad's a worker at the Ministry." "Cool."

5 minutes later, and another boy came to the compartment. He was quite small, and seemed a little trembly. He spoke with a squeaky voice, "C-Can I sit here? E-Everywhere else it's full." He seemed EXTREMELY shy. After introductions, Remus and Eve got to know the name of the boy. Peter Pettigrew. He seemed too shy to tell them anything else. And later they met Marelene McKinnon, a girl who came in and fell asleep right after the introductions. She must have woken up early. Remus and Eve continued to talk about Muggle books, tech and music.

After waiting for what seemed like hours, the train finally started to move, and Eve ran to the door of the train car to say goodbye to her parents and siblings, and was joined by Remus shortly, who waved to his parents too.