37.

I didn't manage to come home early. The time has already passed, around seven in the morning. Things got complicated when I had to put Penguin's plan down based on what James Gordon provided with the information. I figured Penguin would try to control everything now that Carmine and Tom are gone. Like I said before, anybody will try to take the chance of taking over Gotham.

I shut the door behind me, still wearing the batsuit from last night. Now that I didn't have to change my outfit before heading home, it was more relieving for me. On top of this fact, I didn't have to sleep in the guest room anymore.

I made it to the main room as I darted my eyes toward the kitchen. Completely quiet, I shrug it off until I remove my mask and leave it on the desk, groaning a little from the pain around my waist. I ignored the pain several times, but that guy hit harder than I thought.

"Good morning." The sound of Alfred's voice broke the silence in the kitchen. I turn my head to him, nodding a little. I grasp onto the counter, removing the belt wrapped around me as I groan a little more.

"I assume you are hurt?" He said quietly, limping towards me. I quickly raise my palm in the air, signaling him not to come any further.

"I'm fine," I said with a lower voice. "It's manageable."

Alfred shrugs a little as he limps towards the fridge and grabs a bag of ice. "Use this for your advance." He slides it through the counter as it reaches beside me, and I hold onto it and gently press it on the side of my waist.

He immediately started making coffee for both of us and went out of his way to make breakfast for Daisy. Alfred knows I don't eat as much, so he didn't make a significant proportion.

I slowly sit on the edge of the chair, removing my gloves as I throw them on the side of the counter.

"She's asleep?" I asked, still pressing the ice against me.

"Indeed she is," Alfred says, handing me the cup of coffee. "And she got work today."

I nod slightly, not releasing my attention to the bag of ice resting against my waist.

"How did she react to Batman?" Alfred says, taking a small sip from the coffee as he waits for my response. My eyes slowly trail off to nowhere, meanwhile flaring through my nostril.

"Still trying to accept it," I said, looking at Alfred by now. He nods at me slowly as he licks his upper lip from the small stain of coffee.

"Well, it is a lot to handle." He states.

Alfred wasn't wrong. It is a lot to take in. And to accept the man you are falling in love with can be challenging. I already know how Daisy is; she is protective but gentle with it, so I understand where she comes from when she has to accept something impossible to walk into. But this is my life, and I choose this for the better.

"Good morning." Daisy appears in the kitchen, yawning a little as she notices I'm still wearing my suit but is more worried about the ice bag.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Her voice instantly changes worryingly, quickly stepping towards me as she rests one of her arms against mine.

"I'm fine," I said quietly, giving her a nod. She didn't move a muscle; instead, she stood there for several minutes.

Alfred places the plate beside the chair next to me, hinting at it towards Daisy. She instantly thanked him for breakfast, but her gaze didn't leave mine.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she sat on the chair beside me.

"I'm fine, I promise."

I love the way she worries about me. It's those little tiny things that make me appreciate her even more.