27.

Everything was established with Alfred. He knows it's risky to put myself in the Lounge again, but I needed Carmine behind bars. Penguin in the other hand will be guarded, but I had James to help along when we finally make it known for others. Perhaps they might not believe him, but they will have to believe me. Things has to go according to the plan or it will crumble down for Gotham.

I take on my mask as I wear my batsuit; I made sure to keep Daisy occupied when she comes back home, incase she wonders where I will be all night.

Things also changed between me and Daisy. For some reason I couldn't tell her in the morning that I'm falling for her, but I choose to show it to her instead. Using my words isn't my best tools when it comes to being in love, after all I never been in love before. Everything has been strictly towards Gotham, to fix what I can and if I can't help everyone then I'm not there yet.

The signal is shining through the sky, waiting for me to act on it. I already made the plan secure with James, and though it's risky, I had to get back into the shadows.

The rain starts pouring down, planting a grayish sky all over the city of Gotham. The atmosphere starts to get back to its original, mysterious and empty around the cities. Some people were heading to work, and others is staying at home. I made James go into the Iceberg Lounge as I keep the police department occupied. The police officer, Martinez follows me through the back door of iceberg. The entire building is surrounded by now. I take the opportunity to join in the lounge, sneaking through the shadows as the red light turns darker inside. Everyone who was in for the trouble is still awake and dancing, some others taking drops.

I hide behind a small post, watching one of the bodyguard head out the main door to the elevator for 44 below. I instantly grab him and smashes my elbow onto his skull, which leaves him unconsciousness on the floor, immediately rushes inside the door as I meet another bodyguard along the elevator. He throw his gun on the floor defensively throw his hands in the air, in which hold him by the neck and pushes him out the elevator. I climb up to the roof and hold my entire body weight on my legs and my hands, refusing to fall from my position. The elevator came to a stop, in which the doors open and I see flashlights coming through the entrance. I didn't flinch, not one bit until a person slowly steps in holding his gun for protection. I let go off my grip and aim my feet on top of him as I clash my foot onto his head, forcing him to hit the ground. That's when the shooting starts going off, but the bullet didn't pass through the batsuit, instead it dodges it from entering my chest. I grab one of the guys and hold his composure, lifting him off the ground and slams him down on the hood of the floor. He grunts in pain. I grab one of the other ones gun and hit him in the middle of the chest from causing his breathing to struggle, grasping the back of his head and hit the wall. All of them is laying on the ground, but I still hear guns being used in the other room.

I burst the door open and watches Carmine holding a pipe against James throat, gasping for air. My entire body floats from anger as I grab onto Carmine from the back of his neck and forces him off of James, knocking him out with a single punch. James quickly inhales as much oxygen as possible and nods to me as a thank you. I hold onto Falcone, forcing him out the building as James grabs his gun from the floor, following along.

I broke his nose, but it didn't matter to him as he consciously tries to hold his body still, laughing at me. "You know, I'll be out any minute. They all work for me."

"Shut the hell up," James spat, groaning a little as he rubs his palm against his neck. "You'll see who's truly against you by now."

"You all work for me, remember that?" Carmine says confidential, until we step out the club and everyone from the police department stands out in the main door, pointing each gun at him. Falcone's smile slowly disappears, with his brows narrowing.

"I guess not all of them work for you" I rasp, pushing him towards Martinez who puts him in handcuff.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. " james says, grabbing onto Carmines arm with a tight grip. " You have the right to an attorney. "

Carmine laughs a little. "I'll be out in a second. "

"I don't think so." I mutter, as Martinez forces Carmine inside the police car.

I scan the area around. The unknown killer hasn't showed himself. Every each building didn't have any open windows, until I notices someone, watching everything that went down. I squeezes my eyes and realize the person is holding a sniper, which I immediately turn my head towards Martinez shoving Falcone inside the car.

"No!" I yell, running towards Martinez and Carmine.

The sound of a gun blows off and hits Carmine by the neck. He instantly falls backwards onto Martinez, as he grasps onto his dead body with a speed. The cops grab a hold of their gun, scanning every area to find the killer. I turn my attention towards the window, in which James yells "Up there! At the window", pointing at the top floor.

I run through the back door and all the way to the top of the stairs. Smashing the door open with my body weight as I enter the apartment.

Completely silence, no sounds, nothing. I slowly inches closer to every rooms, with a bunch of papers written and glued to the wall.

"THE UNFORTUNATE LOSS IN WAYNE FAMILY."

"BRUCE WAYNE: what happened to him?"

I slowly inches closer to the wall before the entire police forces comes through.

"He's not here." I said, continuously staring at the wall. I notice a photo of me from the news paper with a circle draw around my head, written in full red.

"I KNOW THE REAL YOU."