0.5

"The Bruce Wayne, told you to stay away from him?" Makayla furrows her eyebrows before taking her coffee from the table, and sips a little. I nod my head, shivering from the cold, pulling my coat tighter around my body. We decide to meet up at the local café, although it didn't seem like a great idea how cold it is. Nowadays the overcast skies makes Gotham a disturbing place. With tall, dark buildings and a monorail that goes through the city, not to mention the chilly weather that sticks to the plan everyday. 

I called Makayla after the incident with Bruce from few days ago. I found it frustrating he would tell me to stay away, knowing me and him have never spoken before; but I did lead it to a confusing conversation. But I didn't lie when I told him it feels like home having him around. It wasn't because he was being protective, but how certain I was, that I know him from somewhere. It's hard to explain, truly.

"Well, I can't blame him," Makayla chuckles lightly at me. "He is after all a billionaire, and people like him who lives in Gotham..." She trails off as she waves her index finger in the air. "Tend to do awful things behind the scene, plus he is creepy. He surely did you favour."

I laugh a little at Makayla's comment because she's wasn't wrong. Bruce was and is a little creepy, but it didn't change the way I feel around him.

"The question is, why the hell was he at the Iceberg Lounge? It doesn't suit him. He is too... quiet to be surrounded by loud people." Makayla rolles her eyes playfully, taking another sip from her coffee.

"You'll be surprised." I say confidently with a scoff parting my lips. There's a lot of people who tends to be very aggressive, and then there's some others who tend to be insecure, or something they clearly are not.
Example, Gil Colson.

"Daisy?"The sound of a familiar voice catches my attention, and it turns out to be Tom.

"Dear god." Makayla whispers in disgust. "The lunatic."

Tom and I used to have a "thing" back in the old days. When I first time arrived to Gotham, he's the I met out of everyone. Tom showed me around in Gotham, but also talked about how he selfishly wanted the entire city for himself. I didn't believe him, but the more he spoke about it for a year, the more it made sense to me how narcissist is. He insisted to take me to the club because he used to work as a bartender in the Lounge, and after awhile I choose to work there. I didn't have any other options because nothing pays as much as a bottle girl or an entertainer. Tom in the other hand started dealing with Carmine and his people, which put him in a position with dangerous people. However he loved being surrounded with "genius" as he would call it, but it was only beneficial for himself. He wanted power.

"Well, it's lovely to see you after a long time.0 Tom says with a playful grin as he nods towards Makayla. "And hello to my least favorite person, I'd say."

"Go to hell Tom." Makayla spat in annoyance.

"I already am." He smirks a little and his eyes wonders back to mine. "You look beautiful, Daisy."

"Thank you. I see you wearing a suit now?" I immediately change the subject because I can't bear having him compliment me. He's a psychopath with crazy illusions, and if it wasn't for his charm; we would've never happened.

Tom always told me we would be together, 'one way or another'. That also means, he did use to follow me around like a creep, but lately he's been on the low; perhaps working on something.

He takes a good look on himself before brushing his palm against his vest. "I sure am. That's the only thing I wear now that I'm trying to be a mayor in Gotham."

"You're trying to be a mayor?" I question immediately in surprise. Surely nobody would want to vote for him.

"Of course. There's a lot of things that needs to be changed." He states with a sarcastic smile. "Let me spill one out."