25.

"Alright, alright!" Penguin yells defeatedly as James pushes him further against the wall.

The silence peeked up around the construction site that has been evacuated in a empty building. We cornered him from any suspicious activity to creep up.

"You know about the murder!" James spat, pointing his finger at him meanwhile gripping onto Penguin's jacket with the other hand. "You did this all along, you knew how the game was played. Who the hell is he!?"

"What? What the fuck you talking about!?" Penguin says with every last energy he got left inside of him. "I don't know who he is!"

"You're the rat, you know something we don't. You work for the rest of the D.A for whatever the hell they need, you made sure everything comes to you so you can hand it over to the killer!" James yells louder, throwing the allegations against Penguin.

"Who's the killer?" I say straightforward, darting my eyes at Penguin.

"Y'all really clowns, huh?" Penguin scoffs in disbelief. "Y'all trying to puzzle this shit together but got it all wrong! I ain't part of any of this shit, I only sell drops! Who's the killer, good fucking question!"

James looks at me in confusion, trying to calculate it together and so was I. I frown in irritation in which James looks back at Penguin in frustration that he isn't the rat after all. He clocks his gun towards his head, aiming at his forehead. "Then what does Carmine got to do with your little business?"

Penguin eyes widen in shock, fear overwhelms his concentration. "None, none."

"Bullshit!" James spat, pressing the gun further against his forehead.

"Alright!" He yells defeatedly. "He is the mayor. He been the mayor for twenty years. Carmine used the fund to launder money. Thomas Wayne created a Gotham City Renewal fund for the city, but after mans died, the fund was used by him and his folk. He got greedy for more and wanted to work with me."

James immediately lifts his head up and removes the gun, he takes a deep breath before mumbling under his breath. "Fuck." I squeezes my eyelids shut, trailing my thoughts around.

"It's Carmine, he's the rat." My voice dark as my nostrils flare in annoyance.

I shut the door behind me before the silence crept up around the hallway. My mind is circling around for any motives to trick Carmine and bring him into in the light.

Penguin is under investigation from now, which needed to be kept under the low; or else Carmine will find out faster than I can imagine.

My feet trails off to the office, noticing Alfred is sitting there and scribbling on a piece of paper. I lean against the doorway, catching Alfreds eyes wandering towards me.

"It's Carmine, Alfred. He's the rat." Alfred expression drops completely hearing the last sentence from me. He takes a deep breath, swallowing the information I have given him.

"Bruce.." Alfred takes off the glasses with his brows arching. "There is something you have to know." I narrow my eyebrows, leaning my torso straight than resting it against the doorway.

"Your father was an amazing man, but unfortunately he made a mistake. I'm not sure when you will be able to hear this, but it should come from me." Alfred clears his throat and sits up on the leathery chair, fixating his eyes on me. "Carmine killed a journalist who put fear into your mothers heart. Something complicated happened with your mother, you see. And your father didn't know what to do, in which he contacted Falcone. But when your father found out Carmine killed him for his advance, it broke your fathers heart completely. He was ready to go to jail for it, but also confess about what happened, " He grabs his pen and nags it on the paper in frustration. "And that exact night, your father and your mother was killed."

I squeezes my eyes, feeling my blood boil of anger as I tighten my fist together. "So it was Carmine?"

Alfred shuts his eyes, licking his bottom lip nervously. "I am not quite sure, god if I knew."

My nostrils flare in annoyance as I grab onto the backpack I left beside the doorframe.

"Bruce?" the familiar angelic voice filling my mind with ease. I tilt my head quickly, noticing Daisy standing close to the doorway. My eyes darts to Alfred. He packs his material away.

"Are you okay? I haven't seen you all day." She asks out of curiosity, but I could tell she is worried. Her Bambi eyes is lingering and narrows her eyebrows a little.

"I'm alright." I reply back clenching my jaw a little as my torso leans up again, releasing the grip of my backpack.

Daisy nods and throws her arms around the side of my waist, gently squeezing in for a hug. I wrap my left arm around her small back, embracing her closer. Her familiar scent relaxes me more than before.

I could tell she had a feeling something was wrong, but she choose to keep silence.

I turn my attention back to Alfred who's smiling in satisfaction. My eyes trails back to Daisy. Her eyes were shut as she cuddled up to me.

"You doing okay?" I ask her softly, in which she nods.

The sound a knock echoes through the hallway, causing me to tilt my head back. My arms softly releases from Daisy and trail my way towards the door, clearing my throat from any sudden movement. I grab onto the doorknob and pushes the door towards me, watching an unfamiliar individual. The person is wearing a black mask covering his identity. However, his eyes reveals to be Irish-blue. He instantly trails his hand up with a gun attached to it and points it at me. The cold metal made greyer the skin of his hand as if his body belonged to it.

A sudden emotions of fear and heart beat increasing caused a sudden reflex to grasp onto the lower part of the gun and quickly aiming it towards the roof with his hands gripping onto it as well, in which he pulls the trigger. The bullet punched it's way through the wall as Daisy releases a horrifying scream; however, it didn't startle me. My body quickly inched closer and wraps my forearm behind his neck from letting another bullet fly out of the gun, twirling the back of his against mine and clutching my forearm around the front of the pip-hole, enclosing every inch of oxygen from slipping in. I hear the sound of shuddering parting his lips until he hits his elbow numerously against my stomach till I release my grip. A groan escapes my mouth with a sudden pain dropping onto me as my hands travels onto the door frame, holding the balance. My eyes trailed up to him, watching him slip away with the gun in his hand. I tilt my head down the hallway, seeing Daisy stand in the middle of the corridor with shock crossing her face, her oval brown eyes now widen. Alfred stands behind Daisy with the same exact expression. My nostrils flare defeatedly and takes in a deep amount of air, catching onto my breath.

Daisy continued to protest against me in regards to calling the cops; I gave up in the end. We never call the cops when incidents like this happens, but never in million years did anyone come up to me with a gun aimed at my chest. At least not while I'm Bruce.

She takes the opportunity to talk Officer Martinez. He scribbles the pen against the notes from his pocket, writing every details from the incident. She looks uncomfortable as her hands shakes uncontrollably. I walk up to her and grab her small figure into my chest, wrapping both arms while caressing her back. Daisy immediately gave in, trailing her small arms around my back. Martinez looks at me for a second till he walks over to Alfred, providing more information as much as possible.

"It's okay, I'm here." I mutter under my breath, resting my chin on top of her head. Her breathing is unsteady and tightens her grip around my waist. My thoughts trails off with a feeling of sadness rushing through my throat as it tightens from speaking any further. I swallowed hard, knowing I put her in a dangerous position; which never was suppose to happen.

The rest of the day went completely silent. We both sat on the couch and Alfred manage to leave a blanket for her, incase she were to fall asleep. Daisy inches closer and curls her legs towards her, resting the side of her head onto my bicep. I wrap my arms around her small waist, letting her rest onto my chest instead. Daisy's body feels heavier, hardly moving a muscle except her lungs pushing against her chest. My head leans backwards on the edge of couch and shut my eyelids together, concentrating on the dark reds and blacks swirling in the afterimage. I was aware of my heart slowing, a sensation of falling until I drifted off.