35.

(I'm honestly proud of my edit of Robert and Ariana Grande in that photo. YESS I MADE IT GUYS! I used to do digital graphic design so you could say I did a good job ;-) hehehe)

Alfred had to stay for a couple of weeks before we could head back home; he still had some wounds that needed to be operated. I decided to remain in the hospital every day if anything could happen, but he was fully awake after that day when Daisy came by. It wasn't only me who was getting affected by Daisy's presence.

In the meantime, I would stay every morning but meet up with Daisy at the hospital at night. I could tell she was shyer than before after our kiss, only because her cheeks constantly turned as red as a rose could get. It made me chuckle every time she came by to occupy Alfred. And of course, we did kiss a couple of times.

On the other hand, Alfred didn't understand the awkward atmosphere between us or why I would smile so big, and I could tell it made him happy. He isn't my father, but I could see the proudness in his eyes. Knowing Alfred, he wouldn't leave me in a dangerous position or leave me behind with nothing left.

"Are you going to tell me what happened between you two?" Alfred tilts his head at me, raising an eyebrow with a small smile.

I couldn't help but form a slight grin as I stared at the floor, flickering my tongue inside my mouth. "It doesn't matter," I said with a small joy in my voice, reminiscing about our first kiss.

Indeed it wasn't our first kiss since she took the lead a year ago, but it was our first kiss together.

I wasn't sure what the title was between us, but it didn't matter. She will be mine, whether I have to go through complications to get her trust back.

Alfred chuckles a little and throws his hands in the air jokingly. "Alright, as long as you are both happy. Use protection if you are not trying to proceed a responsibility yet."

My expression quickly trails to him in shock. "No, we didn't..." I trail off, in which Alfred laughs a little. A nurse softly knocks on the door before finding herself in the room.

"Hello Bruce Wayne, glad to see you as usual," She said with a friendly smile, trailing her eyes towards Alfred. "And how are you feeling today?"

"Well.." Alfred trails off before licking his bottom lip. "Better than before, thank you for asking. I'm not a big fan of staying here, so are there reasons I should stay longer?"

The nurse laughs a little and shakes her head. "No worries, Mr. Pennyworth, I will have to check your papers before releasing you from the hospital, but I can tell you are feeling much better."

Alfred nods in response, to which she continues the conversation. "I have a feeling you'll be out sooner than later."

"Is there any possibility he can stay longer?" I interrupted the conversation, which made them both look at me.

"Don't be silly," Alfred said, dismissing the idea. "I am doing better, Bruce, and I can manage to walk and eat. That's what's important."

I nod, yet I'm still worried about his health. "In case you become weak again, Alfred."

"No, no," He repeatedly says, looking back at the nurse. "I'm doing just fine."

"I will go ahead and check through the papers. I'll keep you guys updated." She smiles as we both thank her for her time.

The pure silence brought Alfred to turn his gaze towards the TV. He likes to watch the news to keep up with the city. And sure enough, it's about Tom and the corruption of Gotham.

"Turns out Tom Crawford is alive, and it confirms he is part of the kill of Pete Savage and putting Gotham in danger, " the news lady says, grabbing her papers in front of her before folding them out.

"One of the district attorneys of Gotham, Gil Colson, has been arrested with the rest of the D.A's, along with Carmine Falcone. The fund was used as corruption to fund their syndicate and launder their illegal money. "

Alfred turns off the TV, shrugging in frustration. "Unfortunately, one of Gotham's biggest lessons has to survive with."

He's right. Gotham will be riskier than before, and it can be any moment until someone takes the chance to rip Gotham apart. Now that the government was against the city, I had to stay alert.

"What about that guy who pulled a gun on you, Bruce?" Alfred says, trailing his eyes towards me with a worrying tone.

I didn't have an answer to it. It could've been Tom or anyone who worked alongside him to get Pete Savage killed.

I shut the door and removed my coat, placing it on one of the hangers standing in the corner. I always leave Alfred around night-time, knowing he'll be asleep.

As I walked towards the main room, I couldn't stop noticing how quiet it was without him around. Silence doesn't bother me, but I did get used to his presence since he was with me when I was a child. Coming from the fact I'm the only child, it added more weight.

Filling up my cup with coffee, I prepare for myself in the morning before I go back to Alfred. I take a small sip till the sound of footsteps alarms me to stare at the doorway. Knowing it could be Daisy, I had a feeling she probably came back to live in the manor.

She appears in the doorway, leaning against the frame. "Hey." Her soft-spoken voice fills me with joy, noticing she's wearing one of my hoodies. It looks bigger on her, but it suits her well.

A smile appeared on my lips. I couldn't resist her presence. "Hey."

She walks closer to me and inches as close as possible, leaving our breath to collapse together. I gently place the coffee on the counter and trail my hand around her neck, kissing her forehead as I look down at her.

"Looks like I'm allowed to say it." I rasp, watching her expression turn into confusion.

I chuckle a little. "You're mine now. "