28.

The police department surrounded the entire building under investigation. Scanning every each fingerprint as they could and collecting small pieces of evidence. I watch the entire crew searching for every details as much as possible, till I focus on the wall once more.

"I KNOW THE REAL YOU."

A piece of newspaper ripped out with my fathers face, along with my mother with the title of his shocking death. I didn't know what to do by then, if he knows who I am then it's over for Batman. Completely.

I hear the sound of a squeaking noise in the back, hammering through the sound of metal. I inches closer to the sound and realize he has a bat inside a cage, aggressively trying to fly around the tiny box. James decide to take a few steps towards me as he takes off his gloves, watching my attention on the bat.

"There's a lot of evidence in here," he trails off with a small frustration in his tone. "It'll take us days to have things figured out for us."

A shrug leaves my mouth till I kneel down, watching the bat flickering it's wings against the cage. That's when I notice there's another convolute taped on the roof of the cage. As I open the small door and slowly inches my hand inside, the bat squeaks hysterically and flicker it's wings faster than usual. James looks at me in pure confusion but proceeds to let me do what I have to do.

My hands travels through the opening and rips the convolute, yet hesitantly stroking my hand backwards, as the bat continues to act violently around the cage. I shut the locker on it and immediately open to convolute, to reveal another card. I flip it open to reveal another riddle.

"WHAT'S BLACK AND BLUE AND DEAD ALL OVER YOU?"

I hand the card to James, in which he immediately grasp onto it and reads with his eyes scrolling through each words. He flares in annoyance and scoffs in disbelief as he hands it one of the officers. "Another goddamn letter to you, Batman."

I look at him for a couple of second minutes, until he throws his hand in the air defensively. "We have a lot to figure out, there's no point of you being here right now. If anything, I'll give you the card back and whatever the hell he wants you to know so badly."

"Guys, he uploaded a statement. There's a lock on it." one of the police department who scans through objects said, which made me walk closer to the laptop he's handling. James did so as well.

"THE TRUTH OF THE UNMASKED."

My eyes shuts for a second, knowing this would be it. My body slowly starts to feel weak from being completely defeated. It's too late if he revealed who I am. Although there is a lock on the video, it could be any minute until they break through the code. I turn around as I look at James, darting his eyes from the laptop to me with an instant.

"You're a good cop." I mutter as I walk out the apartment.

It's over.

A slow patter of rain continues to thrum on the pavement. Puddles form on the streets, as the sky blocks the sun even more to become more dark-greyish. The speed of my bike echoes through the quiet road, traveling at a rate of speed faster than a car is exhilarating and rises the adrenaline faster. The hum of your tires contacting the pavement, the more aggressive growl of the engine. I watches the building from a distant, the Wayne Tower being clouded with smoke from the sky, which immediately made me think of Daisy. She must be talking to Alfred meanwhile waiting on me, but I had to let her know I'm batman since it could be any seconds till they break the code for the video. She didn't deserve to know it from anyone else but me. Things would change, I'm certain it will but I had no other choice.

I drive closer to the tower, but noticing from a distance a small figure is standing outside closer to the main door. I slower the motorcycle, to keep my eyesight more clear for me.

It's Daisy.

my eyebrows narrows a little in confusion as I stop the motorcycle right in front of her, meanwhile she is standing on the sidewalk. I can't park here but it was confusing to me why she is standing in the middle of my building, soaking in. Her hair is completely wet, along with her entire clothes. Her expression looks completely dead, not just simply dead, but numb.

I take off my helmet, leaving it on top of my seat as I raise myself up. "Daisy?" I asked, worrying if something happened inside. "What happened? Where is Alfred?"

"It was you." She mutter, completely avoiding my question.

I couldn't grasp onto what she meant as I inches closer to her and in which she takes a few steps back. I notice her expression turns angrily as her mouth tightens up and her eyes bores into mine, until she reveals what I never expected to hear her say.

"You are fucking batman."