Chapter 59: Leaving

A/N: Next chapter is here! I hope you won't cry, just so you are warned ;-)

(P.S. Almost 300K readers! Thank you so much <3<3<3)

Emily

Mateo closes the door, an angry aura filling the room immediately, making my breath speed up; shit, shit, shit! How in the world could this happen? He strolls closer, a furious expression on his face I'm not use to and then, out of nowhere, he throws the file on the desk with a loud bang and I let out a small yelp.

"Mateo, I can explain-"

"-Do you now!" he tells me and comes closer and closer, his eyes cutting into me; I swear, if he had laser-eyes, I would be dead by now.

"I..." I start but nothing else comes out.

"You seriously tried to betray me, Emily! After everything I've been through!" he's just a few feet from me now. "I opened myself up to you! I told you about how everyone else in my life betrayed me and here you are, just like everybody else!" my back hits the wall and pain shoots through me; God, I want to cry, really, really cry.

"I...I didn't mean-"

"-To betrayed me!?" he finishes sarcastically and laughs. "I don't believe a fucking word you're saying!"

"Really!" I snap back, my brow furrowing. "You don't believe me!? Since when did you ever believe me!?" I pass him, walking towards the desk but turn around. "You never believed me in the first place so nothing will change anyways" I look away.

"I've believed you from the start" he replies, his eyes blazing.

"Well, you got a funny way to show it!" I lean against the desk, crossing my arms. "Why are you like this!?" I ask and that makes him confused.

"Like what!?"

"Why can't you just be like everyone else?" his eyes furrows. "Yes, we are married and yes, we didn't start great but I thought that there was progress and-"

"-It's not like I had a choice to marry you!" he snaps at me and that's it!

"Oh, you're the one to talk! At least you we're sold to someone like some object!" I yell, not finished. "Did you really think I had any say in this!?"

"Don't be like that, Emily!" he steps closer. "We both knew what we were getting into! You knew I used you; you read it the last time you came inside my office" I look shocked at him but he simply gives me his evil grin. "Ever heard of camera's?" he points in the corner of the room where, if you look closely, indeed a hidden camera is; fuck. "Even when you knew I used you, you could use me too but you didn't-"

"-For what!?" he yells and I I stand straight, shivers making their way down my spine but the adrenaline makes me strong.

"Money!? A place to live, I don't know! You could literally ask anything you want and you've chosen not to; that's too bad if you ask me!"

"That's your problem, Mateo!" I point at him. "You always think that everything can be solved with money! Like I give a shit! There's more to life than that! For example Friends, Family, Love..."

"I don't want those think!" he replies.

"I know you don't want to but that's what I want! You never take my needs into account! It's always what you want! You're more egoistic than I thought!"

"I'm not!" he comes closer, surrendering me by putting both his arms on either side of me.

"You are! And on top of that you're always greedy! Greedy for power! That's the reason why you married me in the first place right!? Just to have more power than you already have!?" I laugh in disbelieve. "You already own Italy, and New York will soon be yours too so why the fucking company too, huh!? And after that, what do you want next?" It's true; he already have everything he wants so why more? Is that really what he wants, Power?