Chapter 24: Being chased

A/N: I've started a new kind of book. It 's called 'YOUR LOVE IS DEADLY' . I suddenly had inspiration and thought: why not? Make sure to check it out! <3

(Just go to my profile and then you will see that I added a new story/book)

Emily

The next morning I wake up without Mateo. How do I know? Well, I didn't felt him this morning in bed. It's kind of sad though... I thought maybe I could say my farewells to him at the airport but I didn't get the chance.

When I woke up I found a letter beside me that said.

Dear Butterfly, I'm leaving now. Don't worry; Scott and Tyler are going to protect you from now on. Yesterday night was amazing; call me when you're awake!

-Mateo E.R.

It's been two weeks since Mateo left. We both call eachother now and then but don't talk to much; He's busy with god know what... something about losing the important area's . It's none of mine business anyways.

I've been working too. Kids&Go were happy to hear I was interested in the job as psychologist for the kids.

I can still remember when I was 9 and came there, a psychologist named Amira. She was trust person until I was 15 because then she suddenly died of cancer. I miss her each day but I go to her grave now and then, especially when it gets hard for me.

Today I've been signed up with a girl named Lucy; she is 13 and also lost her parents by a car accident. She's send in 3 weeks ago and until now no psychologist can't get to her. She's closed off, just like me back then.

"Emily, hi" I look behind me and find Maria, an old but wise lady, standing there, worry in her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I step toward her.

"Oh, nothing...Okay I lied. I want to make sure you are sure you want to go to room 45" room 45 is Lucy's room.

"Yes, why?" I put my pen on the desk before me, brow arched.

"Just...you are new and I want to make sure-"

"-I'm sure" I cut her off, anger boiling in me. "I'm like her, don't you remember 13 years ago when I came here? I was also closed off and for some reason I feel responsible for her. I didn't even saw her but I know what she feels more than anyone is this room, so if you excuse me, she is waiting for me"

I knock on the door. No response. I knock again. No response.

"Lucy? I'm Emily, can I come in?"

"Leave me alone!" she yells. Sighing, I open the door. Lucy sits on her bed, a blanket around her body; she's trying to be in her own world. I close the door. When walk in the room she begins to talk, or rather scream.

"I told you to LEAVE ME ALONE! Why is nobody listening to me!?"

"I'm not like the other psychologist you had, Lucy" she turns her gaze away from me. Looking around, I find a chair in the corner. I sit there, looking at the girl before me. she reminds me so much of myself and I tell her that.

"You know, you remind me so much of myself" she is still not looking but I know she is listening. "Like it said, I'm Emily and I'm not going to be a psychologist to you but a friend" now I have her attention a little. She slowly turns her body but gaze still on the ground. "Can I tell you a story about me?" she nods. "Okay, where do I start?"