Chapter 7

“Let’s go, y/n…It’s starting,” Kurogiri announced and gestured at a portal.the underlings grinned and cracked their knuckles menacingly, stepping in confidently.

“Well, good luck then , Kurogiri,” I smirked and patted his suit.

“Be safe, y/n. Or I’d be responsible for your safety. I don't want to be on Shigaraki Tomura’s enemy list after all.”

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean-”

“Bye!” He pushed me into the portal, completely ruining my ‘act cool and walk in dramatically’ plan.

Fuck you Kurogiri..I hate you, I cursed as I tried to balance myself in the short trip to the inside of the USJ Facility.

It was chaotic everywhere. And I loved it.

People were screaming left and right, one Nomu was rampaging around looking for All Might. I ended up in a dark alley place where a few kids I didn’t recognise were having trouble with the pouring rain.

“They look so dumb, those shitty ‘heroes-to-be’...Too bad I’ll kill you all,” I mumbled and glared at a hybrid birdman who was trying to protect a big but scared looking guy and a girl from the underlings.

“All underlings are under your control. I trust you, y/n.”

I won’t let you down, Tomura. I promise.

How can I, when he has shown me the care no one has ever shown? Never given me? Was there when I needed someone to be supportive? 

I slowly crawled towards the three children. The two kids seemed to be useless, they wouldn’t budge and they were on the verge of tears.

I could have just killed them all but something stopped me. Was it the ‘heroic instinct’ I still had in the deepest part of my heart? Or was it just that I wanted to see their terrorized faces when I slowly drained their blood? I really hoped it was the latter; I wanted to believe it. For Tomura. I didn’t want to accept that I was still a ‘hero’ in disguise.

“Shut up,” I whispered to myself. “Shut up. You’re with Tomura Shigaraki now, there's no turning back.”

I rapidly edged closer to the children, one of which was basically just bawling and saying ridiculous shit like “I should have gotten a girlfriend” and “mommy I love you”.

“Wht the actual fuck. Are they heroes in training or not?” I laughed and stepped out of the shadows.

“GUYS THERE’S ANOTHER ONE!” the girl yelled, which annoyed me. Another one? What am I? An object?

“No need to freak, I’ll kill you real quick,” I said in a sweet voice, which somehow made me sound very psychotic.

“Why are you doing this?” the birdie asked, narrowing his eyes. It was amusing to see his beak move as he talked. How cute, chasing a dream that isn’t even meant for anyone, thinking you’re cool.

“Why am I doing this? Why? Because you filthy so called heroes let me down. Treated me like shit when they learned about my quirk. This hero society rejected me so many times, and now I’m ready to reject it,” I said in a murderous tone literally, poised to attack.

“Then we have to stop you! It’s our job as heroes! It’s not too late, you can still be a hero-”

“You sound so damn corny saying that. I’ve had enough watching those in stupid cartoon shows Toga watches, I’m not listening to that shit anymore..You think you sound cool syaing that? No, it doesn’t. It makes you look dumb. Saying you can accept me back only when I feel hurt enough and I’m a threat to your perfect hero society. Even if I’m dumb enough to agree, you won’t give me a chance. HA! A chance? What is this, a fictional story? You’re probably gonna lock me up as soon as you have the chance! I’m SICK OF THIS SHIT NOW!” I snarled, making sure to emphasise every single word with anger and hatred.