II

Warning!
Foul Language

Venice's POV

"D*mn," I uttered after banging the door of Gideon's office. Uminit ang ulo ko sa lalakeng 'yon. I've never been scolded and humiliated by anybody like that before.

Nanlaki ang mata ni Kaye, Gideon's Secretary, dahil sa gulat. It seems like she was discussing something to her boss. I don't give a care about her. Tinaasan ko lang siya ng kilay at dahilan iyon ng paglunok niya ng laway. That was enough to make her head her way to the door and leave.

"Hmm. What's with the temper? Nakalilimutan mo nang ako ang bumili ng pinto na 'yan." Gideon chuckled shortly. He pulled himself closer to his table and rested his elbow on top. He was wearing his coat and his hair was finely brushed. I took a deep breath before taking a seat.

"I was just extremely annoyed by this street sweeper guy on my way here. Ni isang beses sa buhay ko 'di ko pa naranasang pagsalitaan ng ganoon. Idagdag mo pa ang traffic," I replied and flipped my hair.

"He must have done something not so serious and ought not to be taken as a big deal. I know you, Venice. You just easily lose your patience." Well, that was frank. I decided to remain silent and glanced at the window, watching the buildings and the streets. Sa pagmumuni-muni ko, I failed to notice na dumating na pala ang kape na ipinatimpla ni Gideon sa sekretarya niya.

"So, how's the taping?" He took a sip of his coffee and smiled like he was eager to listen to me. Ganiyan naman siya palagi. Siya lang talaga ang maituturing kong kaibigan sa buong buhay ko. Roma is just my manager and Fiona is my PA, but Gideon? He is a friend. The only genuine friend I have.

"It was fine. Madali lang naman natapos given my remarkable skills in acting." I stirred the coffee and looked at his reaction.

"Venice, Venice. The boastful actress." He shook his head.

"What's wrong? Totoo naman. I have great acting skills." I heard him laugh afterwards. He's used to this and so am I. Sa kaniya lang ako nakakapagkuwento nang ganito. After his resounding laughter, silence filled the room.

"Were you really okay kanina sa taping? I mean..."

I know what he means. Nag-aalala lang siya if I was really okay kanina because he knew that the scenario was closely related to the tragedy I faced 5 years ago. Na-gang rape ako and now I am enacting it in a movie. Gideon is concerned with my emotional stability because I was extremely traumatized sa pangyayaring iyon.

Actually, until now, I still have the trauma. I still hear their voices echoing in that dark room. Their guffaws, their touches. They never went vague in my memory. In fact, I have nightmares about them. Tuwing gabi o madaling araw nagigising ako because those memories hunt me. They won't leave but I could not do anything but cry.

Itong movie ngayon, it was almost identical to my real life experience. The only difference is that the identity of my rapists is unknown. They or they might not be sakristans. Wala akong clue sa kung sino sila and until now, hindi pa rin sila nahahanap. Wala akong ma-alala sa pangalan ng lugar kung saan nangyari ang pambababoy nila. The moment I found a way out that room, the only thing my mind could process is to run. Run for my life.

Flashback...

"Anong gagawin natin dito 'tol," ani ng isa sa mga lalake. Nanginginig pa rin ang katawan ko hanggang ngayon. Takot na takot ako. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin. Paano ako makatatakas at kung makatakas man ako, kakayanin ko pa kaya ang mabuhay?