Epilogue - Part 1 - Kari

About 1.5 years later....

When Lars was a bit over two and our second born Sven was four months old, we took a family trip to the Witches' Plains, to visit Clan Leader Ina and her husband Lex.

***

"Two males, Kari?" Ina smirks, as I extract the toddler and the baby from the car. „Do you know that on this territory this is grounds for divorce?"

"One day he will bite you, Ina and I will let him," Ayn steps in front of me, trying to shield her friend from Storm's eyes.

"And three males, Clan Leader, what's that grounds for?" I ask over Ayn's shoulder, wrapping my arms around my mate's waist and rubbing her belly in a very obvious way.

Ina's orange eyes suddenly shine red and she looks at us with open contempt.

"He's kidding, he's kidding!" Ayn untangles herself from my hug. From the speed she's doing it with, I infer she hasn't shared our most recent feat with Ina.

"Well, I am relieved, but to your question, Alpha, she could kill you in your sleep and get away with it," Ina replies seriously and I laugh at what I think it's another one of her misandrist witch jokes.

"She is just messing with me, right?" My amused whisper flows in Ayn's mind.

"No..." My mate mind-links me back quietly, as she is retrieving the diaper bag and other baby care paraphernalia from the trunk.

"Excuse me?"

"Ah come on, it's not really encouraged..."

"But it's tolerated?!?"

I want to ask my Luna another question, like if she would at least apologize to my body before disposing of it - I should deserve at least the same honor as those weeds she's sometimes removing from her garden.

Our mind-linking session is however interrupted by Lars' happy squeal. He has spotted his first point of contact, Senior Firestarter Lex, and violently tore his hand from mine to go greet him.

Now, at Eagle Rock him running away like that would flush me with adrenaline, because every intense emotion triggers our little hybrid to glitch.

But that's why I love our little escapades to the Witches' Plains - Lars can release in peace whatever his yet undefined core requests of him, and I don't have to worry because there are trained witches and wizards all around us to contain him.

Indeed Lex smiles and briefly waves his hand, extinguishing the flurry of sparks that trails behind my son, just in time for their bodies to exchange a hearty hug.

"Hey, Lex, can you and Kari go and organize us some drinks? Can you also take the children with you, so Ayn and I can have some peace?" Ina's request is void of polite words, but it holds a kindness in it that I haven't heard before.

Ayn follows her friend to the hydrangea covered pergola which guards the south side of the house. I take the pups to join Lex in the cozy kitchen, where it's nice and cool and smells like roast.

I am surprised to see another male supervising the dinner prep, because the last time we were here it was the Senior Firestarter alone juggling the pots.

"Have you been a good boy and Ina allowed you to get an omega, Lex?"

"We don't call them that, but yes, I am able to delegate some things now, since I will busy otherwise..."

Ina was mildly nice to him. She increased the household budget for his benefit. This could only mean one thing.

"You made her a pup???A baby I mean..."