Part 44

Despite what happened yesterday evening, I still walked to school today, but this time, in the opposing side of the highway. Except when a semi passed me twice, there was no one else on the road, as always. 

That encounter yesterday was kind of creepy, but I'll admit, I felt really good about myself, and I could still hear him echoing in my head, as I arrived to school a bit early than everyone, just as the groundskeeper was opening the front doors.

"Good morning." he says, taking his keys out of the locks.

"Morning." I returned, and gave him a smile, before letting myself into the large commons area that was slowly glowing from the overhead lights, and the sun beginning to peek over the peaks of the mountains as I took out my homework, over the smells of breakfast coming from the kitchen.

6:35 

Am I that early for school? I asked myself. The only other student who arrives this early was this quiet boy named Logan. He's also lives in this area, in that housing area close to the freeway, but I haven't seen him since Valentine's. 

And just like Kazuya, he's always studying, and he keeps to himself most of the time.

He only has one friend, but they're sort of on the rocks since Logan's studying all the time

He only has one friend, but they're sort of on the rocks since Logan's studying all the time. Logan's only friend is also friends with Tristan and Shaun, but not so much with me, and he avoids me anyway he can. All I can say is, he hates me. 

For no apparent reason.

His name's Dallas. He also lives here, in the same neighborhood as Logan.

Logan is very, very hard to meet, as I tried to make friends with him at the start of the year

Logan is very, very hard to meet, as I tried to make friends with him at the start of the year. Now, I just leave him be. He's pretty much closed himself to everyone around him. Its too bad, since he looks so good...

Logan used to be at the top when we were in freshman, but Rae's knocked him out of that spot since last year, and even Ryo as well. And to this day, Logan really hates Rae as well.

I finally see Logan coming into the school, wearing his shirt that was unbuttoned barely above his stomach and sleeves rolled a little bit above his elbows, black skinny jeans and Dr. Martens boots, and that sexy hair. Luckily, he doesn't notice me, as he adjusts his bag over his shoulder, his unbuttoned shirt opens wider to reveal some more of his bare chest, before disappearing into the empty hall.

Now I can't stop thinking about Shaun, and his unbuttoned shirt. But unlike Logan, he wears a suit jacket on top of it. I turned to look at the clock once more...

6:40

Soon, Shaun steps into the school, like this...

What the heck is he doing here this early? I wondered, as I watch him disappear into a hallway

What the heck is he doing here this early? I wondered, as I watch him disappear into a hallway. Moments later, I hear a distant echo of a locker slam and later, Shaun emerges from the hall he entered in. He finally sees me, and walks over to my table. 

"Morning." He says, smiling.

"Morning." I tell him back. He places his bag on the table, and waits for the doors to open.

"My parents decided to drop me off today, just so they wanted to see the place for themselves again." Shaun says, leaning over the table, his arms and hands were under the table. The first bus arrives, and the first wave of kids began pouring into the school. 

Must be 6:50 or so now. 

Soon, the kitchen doors swung open, and the aroma of eggs, bacon, pancakes and toast filled the large room as kids made their first line into the kitchen. The kids from my little place don't arrive until after 7:15, unless they drive, or walk to school. Rae and Dylan, and Ryo don't arrive until after 7, and they drive themselves.

"Hold my seat for me. I'm going to get something to eat." He gets up, and joins the other kids who are waiting in line for their breakfasts. The second bus arrives, and more kids come in through those doors as they made their to the breakfast line, and other kids began to look for their friends.

Soon, Sequoia walks in through those doors, wearing not only her usual shirt, but having the same ball cap she wore backward, like the other day when the lights went out during the storm. I watched her as she made her way into one of the halls, and soon, I had this urge to go up to her, and this time, just say 'hi' like regular friends do. Now I just needed to work up the courage to do so, even with all these groups of people that were now arriving to school. But I had to wait for Shaun to get his food. And soon, Tristan might walk through those doors at any moment now.

"I'll be back for a moment," I tell Shaun, once he arrives back with his food. He looked up at me with his face stuffed with food, looking like a chipmuck as he does. I left before he gave a response, to the hallway Sequoia had left in.

Somehow, I was lucky as I found Sequoia, as she was standing in front of her locker, getting her stuff out for her day. Her bag lay next to her feet as she continued to dig around in her locker. She closed her locker door, spun the combination lock, and I accidentally startled her just by standing there, not saying anything. 

We were the only two students in the hallway, and we were pretty far from everyone, even though there are rows of lockers here. And we could still hear the noises of kids from the commons area.

"What's up?" she asked, picking up her bag, and places the strap on her left shoulder, and smiles.

"Nothing." I mumbled, trying to find the words.

"The dance is another week." She says. I forgot all about it. She stood there, adjusting her shirt. I love that shirt she always wore to school. She looked away momentarily, just for me to sneak a glance at her long, graceful neck. The collar bones and veins were protruding from her long neck as she adjusted her hair and put it back behind her, before adjusting her bag over her shoulder again. The tiny strap slips off her shoulder, while her book bag's strap now took its rightful place directly resting on her bare, exposed shoulder. She soon leaned next to the locker, the shirt strap riding along her arm as she moved her arm upwards along the locker door. She cleared her throat, then asked,

"Want to go to the dance with me?"