He stared down at his trembling hand... and pressed the button.

Squid simply sighed as the two at the computer screamed.

"Dan..."

"What have you done...?"

*---------------------------------------------------------*

"The One's We Have Lost"

A boy with brown hair ran through the woods.

He was laughing, as was his brothers who were chasing him down.

They had been running for hours. A game that had started as tag quickly turned to them chasing the boy around the forest. Usually one would be wary about playing in the woods, but they knew this place like the back of their hands, so they weren't worried.

At least... So they thought.

The boy's laughter quickly turned into a terrified scream as he suddenly fell. That was when he realized he had fallen into a shallow ravine with a violent river flowing through it.

Being only nine years old he couldn't prepare himself for the impact of hitting the water. Even when he could surface himself he struggled keep his head above the water.

"Justin!" The boy cried before being submerged into the water for a few seconds before emerging once again.

"James!"

He thought he could hear shouting getting closer before one of them, James, ran over and saw him being swept away.

"DAN."

It only took a few seconds before the eldest of the three, Justin, also came running in.

"We're coming, Dan! Hang on!"

Looking to where the river was heading, the ravine seemed to be getting less steeper with the ground being more flat and even with the rest of the earth around it. They seemed to be heading there, Justin running with a very long branch he managed to find.

The boy cried out Once again as his head was submerged. He was growing exhausted but surfaced himself and fought to stay up. His brother's will get him out of here soon, right?

The branch was lowered in front of him and was close enough for him to grab onto.

Gripping onto the tip of the branch, he held onto the thin stick with what little strength he had left, fighting the current that would send him who knows where.

"Hold on, Dan!" Justin pulled onto the stick with James following suit. The combined strength of a fourteen and ten year old barely being able to bring their sibling to the shore.

Though Dan couldn't notice from already being in water James and Justin could feel small drops fall. The beginning of a downpour, though they have yet to know the intensity of the storm.