chapter 17: sweetness of our kiss

it was blurry, my eyes were filled with tears of pleasure that i couldn't hold in but it only lasted for a few minutes. rindou had to leave and manage the business he's starting.

i stared blankly at the sky above me while laying at the sofa. my business is doing fine since i have trusted employees, i'll visit the bar next time.

we have to open up a new bar in another place but where? this is hard.. can't i just leave peacefully with a rich husband? but i gotta be that strong independent woman. hmm.. maybe rindou?

my face heated up after that thought crossed my mind. i don't think he's the type to marry someone and besides after leaving bonten he's starting a business and that's complicated.

i took a sip from the juice beside me, i covered my body with a comforter and dozed off. i woke up around six pm and it was already dark outside.

"did i sleep that long?" i combed my hair with my fingers and turned on my phone.

to rinrin:

hey, did you have dinner already? if you haven't you can drop by and i can cook!

sent 6:03 pm.

after a few minutes, i sighed heavily while looking at his reply.

from rinrin:

i'm sorry, currently in a meeting right now.

sent 6:12 pm.

i typed fast despite being disappointed.

to rinrin:

okayyy! don't forget to eat lunch when you get home.

sent 6:13 pm.

i went in the kitchen and decided to cook carbonara. it's been my favorite since i was a kid, i also made garlic bread to partner it with the carbonara.

"i cooked a lot.." but it's fine, i can eat it again tomorrow or later when i watch a movie.

i placed the food and utensils in the table, now i realize that it feels empty without him. i'm used to his presence and he keeps everything at place.

i shrugged it off and finished my meals then laid down again on the sofa. currently, i'm watching a movie that i'm unfamiliar with but it was trending so i gave it a try and thirty minutes in the movie and i dozed to sleep.

my eyes fluttered open to see the clock beside me, it was two am in the morning. the bed sheets were soft on my skin as i stare at the city lights below me.

flipping to the side, my eyes widened and my heart started beating fast. rindou is beside me! he still had his tuxedo on, his hair was messy, and his hands were wrapped around me.

slowly, i sit up trying not to wake him up. he looks tired, he didn't change his clothes and looks like he laid in bed after he went in. he has the keys huh? well, it's his place after all.

my fingers brushed his hair out of his face while slowly caressing his cheek. bending down i kissed his forehead and his eyes slowly opened.

"did i wake you up?" my voice was low in a whisper, my baby is tired.

he pulled my waist and laid me down, burying his face in my breast while hugging me tight. i stroked his hair while feeling is warmth. this is what i mean when i said that he keeps everything at place. it's as if i'm at peace and everything's going well in its own place.

"did you have dinner?" he shook his head, maybe he was too busy but good thing i still have some carbonara and garlic bread.

"let's eat" i pinched his cheeks and got up to heat up the food. while arranging it on the table i felt two pair of strong arms wrapped around me.

my heart felt warm after seeing a bouquet in his hands. there was a small note there that says 'i'm sorry'. i giggled, still accepting the flowers.

"why are you saying sorry?" i faced him, he's looking down at me with sleepy eyes with his messy bed hair.

"i left early and i couldn't go home.." his voice was like asmr, he's whispering softly yet seductively.

the flowers smells good and it was arranged in different colors with different flowers. how can i love another man when you set the standards high?

"you don't have to, i understand and besides outside this relationship we have our own lives to deal with." i smiled at him.

"even so, i want to always make time for my love." he whispered in my ear, we both giggled at his actions. it felt tingly and i pinched his arm.

rindou placed his hands beside my waist locking me in. i can see the way the lights of the city below us shine. he leaned down as i hugged him by his waist feeling the warmth of his lips touch my eyes.