chapter 4 : still her

it was about six in the evening when i woke up but it was still bright. a compression wrap was around my ankle, the doctor took care of it already while i was asleep.

my stomach felt empty as i tried to stand up to walk in the kitchen because i need to cook. the penthouse was huge and it took a few minutes before arriving in the kitchen because i can't walk properly.

i heard sizzling sounds and to my surprise rindou was already cooking. i suddenly felt full because of the view i have in front of me.

rindou was shirtless, his back muscles are something to stare at, and especially his half tattoo. he was wearing jogging pants, house slippers, and his hair in a bun.

"do you like the view?" rindou felt my presence as he turned around. he's also wearing some glasses that i never saw coming.

"absolutely, better than the view from your room." sitting on the four sitter table, rindou prepared everything i tried to help but he refused.

i can't take my eyes off his body, his tattoo is attractive, and he really looks hot. i just hate the apron he's wearing because it's blocking his abs.

"eat as much as you can." he cooked steak and it smells so good.

i felt like a baby being taken care of, he prepared everything needed, the food, and he's even cutting the steak for me.

"i should be the one cooking not you." the steak felt hot in my mouth but it didn't matter because of how delicious it tasted.

"i'll cook for you until you heal and don't feel shy or embarrassed. it's my fault that your place was blown up, stay here comfortably since it's only the two of us."

the dinner went smoothly and from time to time, i pretend to not know how to cut the steak so that rindou can cut if for me. he's patient and even sometimes tease me being like a child, i can't help but smile widely.

"i'm kind of curious, what do you do for a living? if you feel uncomfortable you can just ignore it." i shoved two marshmallows in my mouth that rindou gave me.

"i'm a criminal." rindou said it so casually as i nod at him.

"you don't seem surprised at all." he finished washing the dishes and stood behind the counter bar he had in his kitchen while i'm sitting in front of him.

"you're full of surprises, do you want me to pretend that i got shocked?" both my palms are on my mouth as i pretend to be surprised.

rindou's hands pinched the side of my cheeks as i tried to bite it. both of us started teasing each other, he's pinching my cheeks and i'm grabbing his hair. the marshmallow container fell on the floor and i smacked his head.

"you literally wasted the marshmallows!" i tried to pick it up but rindou's hands stopped me.

"they're dirty already, i still have some marshmallows left but they're big." he cleaned the mess and went beside me.

"where is it? give me those marshmallows!" i wanted to make s'mores as our dessert tonight.

rindou untied his apron from the back and took it off revealing his front body. he pointed his abs but my mind started to fly away seeing the tattoo in front.

"marshmallows, huge and hard-" a smirk was plastered on his face but i smacked him again not having fun with his jokes.

"rindou! i really want real marshmallows, don't you want to eat s'mores?"

"why do you keep on smacking my head?"

rindou's on the ground as he held the side of his head where i hit him. i suddenly felt bad but i can't forget my marshmallows.

"buy me marshmallows now."

"go but yourself, i don't want s'mores."

"i can't walk rin, if you can't but one then i'll crawl."

rindou scratched his head and immediately called his driver. i went with him in the end as he carried me on his back. i felt so embarrassed ignoring the eyes of many people from the store.

"rindou, put me down i can walk!"

"you'll only make your ankle worst and i have to pay again."

he rolled his eyes and continued to look for marshmallows and the other ingredients. he's carrying me like it's nothing and again i'm getting used to it. he found a cart and placed me there, pushing it anywhere in the supermarket not giving a fuck about the workers warning us.

"i feel like a baby." the cart was full and i was drowning in it.

"my baby?" rindou chuckled, my face started to heat up from his comebacks.

rindou told me to use him but i don't really like using people but i'm afraid things would go in a different way. i'll try to make him fall in love with me but i don't know what's next. i'll just ride with the wave and wait where the water will lead me.

after an hour of grocery shopping both of us are now resting on his room. rindou's laying on his bed while i'm sitting on it eating the s'mores alone. he allowed me to borrow his laptop, i'm curious about him so i'll try to search it up.

as soon as i typed rindou a lot of things showed up. is he that famous? i mean he's a criminal but i'm kind of lost.

rindou haitani age
rindou haitani height
rindou haitani and ran haitani
rindou haitani and lady of roppongi

lady of roppongi? i clicked that part and a lot of news showed up.

it says that the haitani brothers ruled roppongi with an unknown girl that was known as rindou haitani's ex lover and even got the title of the lady of roppongi.

i tried to search up the lady of roppongi but no results was shown. did she delete every information that was on google? you can only see things about her when rindou is mentioned.

my hands closed the laptop and stared at the ceiling. it's hard to make someone fall for you if they still haven't move on. my eyes darted on rindou that was sleeping peacefully on the couch. he's now in his comfortable pajamas, he's too tall to fit in the couch.

"rindou~ wake up, you can sleep on the bed since it's yours." his eyes fluttered open as he looked at me.

"you can have the bed, i don't want to make you feel
comfortable and i'm fine here."

"we can share the bed, it's a king size bed and i don't mind it."

rindou kept on hesitating but i told him if he refuse once again i'll sleep on the floor. rindou stayed on the right side and me on the left. a pillow was in between us and he even got a separate blanket.

"goodnight, sweet dreams, and sleep well." i smiled at him before turning off the main light.

"you can just say goodnight." rindou turned around his back facing me.

"it's more sweet when you say sweet dreams and sleep well." i covered my entire body with a comforter since it's a habit that i got used to.

rindou went to sleep already, an hour passed by and my brain won't let me sleep. rindou turned around facing me, i can't help but look at his cute face while he's sleeping. i took my phone out and took pictures of him that i can use to tease him tomorrow.

a woman's name slipped out of his lips, is he having nightmares? i tried rubbing his back to calm him down but he keeps saying her name.

"don't leave me alone.."

this is why i hate myself, i get attached fast, and i'll end up getting hurt alone because of how weak my heart is. i knew this would happen, i prepared myself, but why does it hurt?

"it's still her.."