chapter 3 : a fool

yesterday was a night to remember as i stare at the ceiling of my room. he's brokenhearted.. i never really met a man that loves someone so much. that woman must be so lucky to have rindou love her but she seems to happy with her husband. i don't really know the whole story but i wish them happiness.

i planned to stay at home for today and i'm too tired, communicating with people is tiresome and i just want to hide from the world.

"wait, i did say we can be friends but we didn't even exchange contact numbers." i sighed in annoyance.

it's nine in the morning, my phone was filled with unread messages from my family. they're at it again telling me to have a lover and get married. at the age of twenty-four, i'm single and never really had any experiences with men. my family and friends tried setting me up with blind dates but none of them worked out.

i turned off my phone, i'll ignore everyone for this day and hopefully, they can take the hint. what should i eat for breakfast? i'm too lazy to cook and too lazy to order food. i stood beside the huge windows of my room as i stared at the busy streets of tokyo this morning.

i live at one of the most expensive penthouses here in tokyo. above me is the highest room in this building and i never really talked to the owner or had any interaction, unlike the other neighbors. i decided to just buy my breakfast and maybe walk around since i have nothing to do.

i wore a simple mint silk top and jeans, i'm too lazy to even dress up. what has gotten into me? maybe because i feel tired and unmotivated for today. i'm usually motivated and start my day responsibly but this morning isn't that day.

i brought my purse and my phone as i wait for the elevator, someone is coming down from the highest floor. the elevator door and it revealed a man that i'm familiar with.

"rindou?" i stood there in surprise, who knew that rindou lives here?

his lazy eyes eyed me from head to toe, i suddenly felt shy even if i get that kind of stare almost every day. he's wearing an oversize shirt, loose black joggings pants, and some expensive shoes. his hair was still wet with some purple and black streaks that reached below his shoulder.

"it's me! the girl that you were with last night." i got inside the elevator and he isn't paying any attention to me.

"rindou! don't you recognize me?" i tiptoed trying to reach his height and again he ignored me.

he's even more good-looking when you can see him up close and it's my first time seeing him in the light. is he pretending not to know me? he wanted to be friends and look at him now. i scoffed and crossed my arms while waiting in the elevator. fine, i'll ignore him too if that's what he wants.

the elevator stopped on the middle floor, black men with suits entered and they look intimidating. i felt rindou's hands on my shoulder as he pulled me closer to him. he looked at me and told me to keep quiet but i gave him a glare in return.

"when i say run, run as fast as you can," rindou whispered in my ear and felt his arms wrap around my waist.

what does he mean? is the elevator gonna drop? i'm not good at sports! the elevator opened at the last floor and everything started going down.

"run!" rindou shouted as he pulled my arm, i turned around and saw the men with black suits chasing us, and the top floor exploded.

everyone near the building started panicking, if i didn't decide to eat outside i could've died! rindou and i were running from those mysterious men.

"rindou! i can't run anymore!" as soon as i shouted rindou carried me on his shoulders. a scream left my voice and he was so fast!

he went running inside the malls, restaurants, and even alleys in the city. i was holding onto rindou as he continued running after twenty minutes of running we lost them. rindou put me down as he watched his breath.