chapter 7 : always taste like you

i didn't know what happened next, everything became blurry once rindou carried me towards the car. is it because i'm tired? i've always been weak and i easily get sick.

my eyes opened revealing rindou's huge room, my body feels hot, my eyes heavy, and i couldn't move an inch. the door opened as i glance at the side i saw rindou carrying something.

he gently placed down what he's holding and walked towards me. rindou's hand brushed against my hair as he kneels down beside the bed.

"r-rindou.." i should've run away when it was raining. i already caused a lot of trouble and yet he's always helping me.

"lay down, you got a high fever and you should rest." my eyes automatically closed at how his touch was soft. what's wrong with him? he's always been a rough man.

he took out a wet towel, so that's what he's bringing? he removed the excess water and placed it on my head. i want to sleep more but i also want to thank him for helping me even if i'm a mess sometimes.

"thank.. y-you.." my hand cupped his cheeks but after a few seconds i started shaking from the cold.

"y/n, don't move too much." rindou wrapped the comforter around me as he brushed some of my hair away from my face.

i noticed that i'm not wearing my clothes, i'm in rindou's clothes! his huge sweater to be exact! my cheeks heated up, covering my face with the comforter i turned around from rindou.

why am i even blushing when i'm already sick?! is that why it smells good? his sweater was soft and his scent lingered on it. i feel like rindou can hear my heart beating fast..

"are you cold?" he softly asked, i nod my head in agreement because it's too damn cold even if the ac is off.

my eyes widened after i felt the side of his bed sink, huh? is he gonna sleep beside me?! i turned around to stop him but it was late, he's already facing me!

he looks really beautiful up close, i feel like a child while he's a parent taking care of me. i'm wrapped around the comforter like a new born baby and he's here looking hot.

i avoided his gaze but his hands wrapped around my waist pulling me close to him. i didn't have the strength to push him away so i let it be. let's just hope i don't start misunderstanding his actions.

"my body is warm it will help you sleep." he placed his hand behind my head while the other tapping my waist helping me to fall asleep.

"you shouldn't b-be doing this.." i looked away, it will be better if i distance myself from him. i can't force myself on him..

"what do you mean?" he sounded confused, i turned around because i didn't want him to see the tears forming in my eyes.

"i-i might misunderstand y-your actions.." i covered my mouth not to let out a sob as i silently cry while he's behind me.

his hand was about to touch my face but stopped midway. see? he's just gonna use me to pretend that i'm her. rindou stood up and immediately left the room without saying a word.

i guess it's better this way, i'll express my gratitude to him once i get better and i'll also leave this place once everything is settled.

a day passed by and i already woke up to see the moon shining through rindou's room. right, i'll be leaving today.. is it really the right choice?

i went out the room to see him sitting alone at the bar counter eating strawberries while a cigarette was on his fingers.

"you awake?" my heart skipped a beat, i didn't expect him to start a conversation with me after everything that happened. i felt awkward and embarrassed..