chapter 10 : goodbyes and city lights

we all had fun at breakfast this morning, everyone enjoyed the food, and even shared their stories. they may be the worst criminal organization but just like normal people. they also have a story to tell but they choose to stay quiet because no one would listen to them.

"are you sitting on clouds?" rindou waved his hand in front of my face. i was lost in thought for a while, we're back in his place and i'm now laying on his bed.

"i have good news for you, after looking for it we finally found it." he handed me a handkerchief, i accepted it and it felt like something was inside.

my eyes sparkled and smile formed on my lips after seeing what rindou gave me. it's my black card! my life savings were on this and finally i got it back!

"you seem to be happy." rindou's sitting on his office chair in front of me on his bed. he's shirtless right now while i'm wearing one of his t-shirt that is too big for me.

"of course i'm happy! thank you.." i'm not good at words but i hope my smile can show how grateful i am for his help.

"hmm.. that's all?" rindou raised his eyebrows while he tilted his head to the side. i glared at him, what does he want?

"i hired people to hide your identity just to keep you safe, even bought the things you need, offered to stay at my place, looked for your black card, and all i get is thank you?" he rolled his eyes before glaring at me.

"i thought you were doing all of those out of kindness." i crossed my arms on my chest getting annoyed. he wanted something in return? i thought he was kind!

"i was expecting something." rindou leaned his back on his office chair before pouting his lips. i couldn't help but smile because he looked cute.

"you shouldn't expect much, expectations will only hurt you." i placed my black card on top of the bed table before pretending to fix the bed waiting for his reaction.

rindou sighed before standing up to pull his chair walking towards his office table. he then aggressively pulled out some paperworks to read. i tilted my head to the side glancing at him. his hair was falling on his shoulders, his lips pouting from annoyance, his tattoo exposed from front to back, and his eyes.. they look beautiful.

"well, i can return all of those since i got my money back now." i walked towards him bring my black card in my hands. standing in front of his table as i wave my card across his face rindou glared at me.

"i don't want money." he pushed my hand aggressively making me take a few steps back. he's cute when annoyed and i would like to tease him more.

"then what do you want?" placing my hands on his table before leaning in to his face. rindou's eyes fell on my lips as we were inches a part.

"a kiss will do." rindou's hand crawled on my waist before pulling me close to him. i climbed on top of his table before sitting in front of rindou.

rindou wasn't satisfied in the position we were in, he then lifted me up from the table making me sit on his lap. it's not the first time i saw him shirtless but still.. he makes me feel hot inside.

i'm on rindou's lap facing him while his hands wrapped around my waist. he wants a kiss? we kissed a lot of times already.. like a lot.

he kissed me.. but it was only a peck. a quick kiss? i wasn't expecting that. my eyes looked at rindou and it looks like he's stopping his laughter while biting his lower lip.

"don't tell me you were expecting something more?" he covered his mouth as i tried to slap his lips specifically that annoying smile.

i can feel my neck heating up all the way to my ears. he combed my hair with his fingers before kissing a strand on it. rindou leaned in once again to give me a peck, again, and again.. he keeps on landing soft kisses on my lips.

"i-i plan to move out.." there i finally said it, it has been on my mind for the past few days knowing that my black card will return.

rindou looked at me in the eye, he the licked his lips before nodding. i want to stay with him more but i also have a life to live and a business to take care of

"i have a life too, just like you i'm also working." i felt rindou's arms wrapped around my waist slowly as he snuggled against my neck.

"if that's what you want.. if that will make you happy, i'm fine with it." he whispered still hugging me, i played with his hair for a few minutes knowing i won't be able to do this again for a while.

"can i visit you at work? i still want to see you from time to time."

"you can but aren't you busy? i mean you plan to start a business right?" i pinched his cheeks and he started making weird faces that made me laugh.

"i'll be busy but that doesn't stop me from making time for you." a low chuckle left his lips after realizing how cheesy that was.

"when will you leave?" he asked.

"tonight.. though i still don't have a place to stay but i'll find a plan." my fingers started to fidget worrying where place i should stay. penthouses near my work are full and my place got blown up..

"i have a place near your work-"

"rindou, you helped me a lot of times and i can't accept this anymore. it's my problem, i'll look for other places or i can even stay at my friends house for a while." i cut him off, he's too kind and it's too much for me.

"if you think it's unfair how i helped you a lot of times that it made you feel uncomfortable, tell me. i'm doing this because i want to, you don't have to feel like you should pay me back and what i said earlier was a joke. if you need help, don't hesitate to call me because i'll always have your back." rindou said those words while looking into my eyes.

the truth is i don't like feeling of owing someone that's why i always reject other peoples offer. it was different if we're talking about rindou, he was comfortable to talk to and he wasn't the type to ask for something back after helping them. well, he asked for a kiss..

"stay there, even if it takes you for months to look for a place. you can stay there, all places are open for you y/n." he landed a kiss on my left cheek before squishing my hands.

in the end, i accepted his offer or he won't let me
leave his place. we spent the rest of the time we have playing games, watching movies, and even cooking.

"thanks for helping me again and you didn't have to give some of the clothes you bought me." i looked at rindou while he was driving.

"you're always welcome, some of your clothes were left behind though." his other hand was holding the stirring wheel while the other was placed outside the window.

"why? i'm not coming back.." i adjusted my seat because rindou placed his right hand on my lap.

"hm.. maybe if i miss you i might hug your clothes when i sleep?" i want to wipe off that annoying smirk he had on his face.

i pressed my lips together pretending to be mad but the truth is it made me feel butterflies. i crossed my arms on my chest as i admire the city lights around us.

"you love the city lights huh? i noticed you kept on staring at them."

rindou was driving his car in a fast pace but after noticing i was admiring the city around us he made his speed around 60, good thing the streets were empty tonight.

the sound of plastic caught my ear before looking at rindou. he was opening a candy, i thought rindou was giving it to me but he ate it which made me glare at him.

my hands reached for his collar before pulling him close crashing my lips on his before taking the candy from his mouth.

the lights around the buildings were shining so bright, the peaceful empty streets of tokyo, and a pair of purple eyes looking at me softly.

"aren't you gonna miss me?" i licked my lips while wrapping my hands around his neck. rindou parked the car at the side before pressing his body onto mine.

"i'll miss you.. if it's only possible to tie you on my bed then i would do it." rindou successfully placed me on his lap planting soft kisses on my jaw.

"then tie me.. who's stopping you, rindou?" my thumb touched his lips before leaning close.

"no one is stopping me, i just don't to tie you to me. you deserve to be free, to be free like the wind and to be wild like the sea."