Chapter 70

"Stop stirring up a fuss. You're safe," the Delta ground out, his eyes glowing with contained fury. I stared at him, analysing his features, scanning for lies. I noticed how that angry blaze seemed to glow brighter in his violet eye -- the tell-tale sign of an emotional magic user. 

I blinked. Safe. It was such a foreign word to me, so much so that it had lost its meaning. Safe. I had been 'safe' underground, hadn't I? but that hadn't stopped it from being hell. That hadn't stopped me from being broken. That thought alone set me on edge, and I sent the Delta a warning glare. 

"Why should I trust your word," I asked coolly, motioning to those enclosing a circle around us. I wasn't in the position to be asking these kinds of questions, but I knew being weak wasn't a good look, either. The Delta pulled his teeth back into a snarl, and it took every fibre of me not to flinch. 

"What don't you understand, human fool? We are not here to hurt you . We are here to rescue you."

I may have reprimanded him for calling me a 'human' fool if it weren't for those other words. Rescue me?

"What do you mean?" I asked shakily, feeling my energy dwindle along with the adrenalin. I was tired. So, so tired. 

The wolf glared, analysing my features. "We're taking you away from the Southern Court, where that bastard Alpha of yours can't touch you."

"Taking me where?"

"To the Northern Court."

The world tilted under me. I took a step back, trying to process my thoughts. "No."

The Delta snarled. "The hell you mean, 'No'? Do you want to stay here and be his little slave?"

"That's not what I want!" I yelled back. "I don't want to be with him, I don't want to be anywhere. I don't want to be part of this stupid werewolf world anymore. I want to go home!"

"Foolish human!" He roared, his voice rattling every inch of me. "Don't you understand that he can track you wherever you go? We're offering protection if you come to our court!"

I paused, thinking. However, I didn't have much time to do so before a snarl rippled from behind us, sending multitudes of shivers down my spine. 

I whirled. My heart sunk at the sight of the black fur, ruffled and dishevelled. Azure eyes glared at me. Azriel.

My mind went wild with panic. What had happened to Zion and Alia? Were they dead? My gut roiled at the possibility. No, they couldn't be, right? I scanned Azriel's maw, searching for any sign of blood or gore. There was none from what I could see, but then again, it wouldn't have taken much to subdue Zion in his state.

His gaze shifted from mine to the white wolf behind me. Something changed in those eyes, a type of violent fury I'd never seen before, not even when he'd lashed out at me that day in the cellar.

"Delta..." he snarled. My heart crawled at the tone of his voice, at the promise of death it seemed to carry. 

The Delta shot him a lupine grin. "Alpha South," he growled, the hairs of his back standing on end, as though he were charging up. "Why, what a pleasure to see you again."

Azriel snarled at the sarcasm. "I'll kill you..."

The Delta roared with laughter, and I stared at him in shock. How was he not... afraid?

But then the air around us shifted, the atmosphere changing from amused to deadly furious in mere moments as Delta roared back, "And I'll kill you just as I killed your father!"

My hairs stood on end as the air around us electrified. I watched as a purple aura encased the Delta's snow-white fur, forks of electricity lashing across it as though he were made from the very essence of storms. I gawked -- he could use lightning? Is that what he'd used to blast the Gamma off me? 

As I stared at him, part of me didn't want me to believe it. Part of me was convinced I was just going mad. But there was no denial of that metallic tang of electricity in the air, of the hairs that stood on end, of the tingles rushing over my skin as the air around us buzzed. But it seemed I wasn't the only one in disbelief -- both Azure and Raina were frozen in shock, too.

Then, someone grabbed my shoulders, whirling me around. I didn't get to take in much of his features, other than his warm brown eyes. "Epsilon, you must come with us now. It is now or never."

I blinked, trying to let my eyes adjust despite all the electricity making them water. The man's brown hair gleamed in the filtered sunlight of the canopy's edge, his skin dark and tanned. I knew I shouldn't trust strangers, but one look into those warm eyes and I knew I could trust him. 

Epsilon, you must come with us now, he'd said.

To the Northern Court

I glanced towards Azure and Raina, whom of which I knew would be condemned to the cells the moment Azriel got his hands on me. Judging by the lights in their gazes, I assumed they were thinking the same thing, too. Azure gave me a slight incline of her lupine head, and I bit my lip.

I chucked a glance behind me, where the Delta and Azriel were having a stand off. The air around the Delta was basically vibrating, the electric zaps brighter and louder with every second pass. 

I turned back to the male. I didn't even allow myself time to overthink as I said, "Alright." I could hear the crackling of electricity building up behind us, the snarls of challenge. I just kept my eyes on the man as he shifted into a wolf, his grey fur billowing in the wind, his orange eyes locked on me.  

"Get on," he commanded. I didn't hesitate, and given he was the size of a small pony, it was relatively easy to fit on his back. 

"Kyra!" I hard Azriel yell. "Don't go with them. They'll kill you! They'll torture you--!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to tune out his words. I gripped the fur of the wolf tighter and whispered, "Go!"

Wind rushed through my hair, small tears welling in my ducts as we ran away from Azriel, away from the man who'd put me through so much, who'd taken so much away from me. 

"KYRA!" he roared, but it was distant. There was a second roar, a roar charged with fury, and I heard no more. 

As we ran, I could feel his anger shooting down the bond, the rage and wrath. I sobbed as the sound of lightning cracked in the distance, as Azriel continued to rage down my bond, as though he were yelling right into my mind. 

But then his words got smaller, quieter, and eventually they faded into nothing -- as though he never really existed in the first place. As it did, I felt a weight pulling off my chest, slowly but surely. I sobbed with relief as that iron-grip of his bond disappeared, fading into nothing like mist in the winter time sun. I sobbed as I felt that lovely power answering to my emotions, one which I had missed so much. 

I sobbed with relief as the wind rushed through my hair, filling me with freedom. I sobbed with grief as I remembered Zion and Alia, both of whom were still at the court, their fates unknown to me. I sobbed tears of joy as I felt the presence of Azure and Raina beside me,  proof that I had not lost everything. 

Alive. I was alive. I was on the back of a stranger, riding to a foreign court, but I was alive. And, in that moment, that was all that mattered to me. 

(A/N) 

We made it! End of book one!

It is currently 3am, I have a full day of uni tomorrow, I still have another chapter to upload (its a chapter about the sequel), I'm tired from staring at all these words, but I honestly couldn't be happier.

Thank you again to all my lovely readers. I hope this book met your expectations. I'm not the best writer, and this book is by no means perfect, but I hope y'all still enjoyed it <3

Anyways, I wanna know your thoughts on this book overall ^_^ Feel free to comment them here >>>

See you guys in the sequel: Delta!

Epsilon [Werewolf]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें