Chapter 27 - Detention

Start from the beginning

Dumbledore held a hand and she stopped. "Very well then Ms. Black. I will talk to them myself. However, you three will serve detention with Filch this month," he pointed at the Slytherins, "As for you three- Eve, you can serve detention with me, I have too many globes to be cleaned, and Filch is terrible with them. And all three of you will have to serve detention with Professor McGonagall at the end of the month," He told the Gryffindors. "Now, Ms. Black, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Lestrange. If you can go back to your domritories, please. I will have a little chat with these students."

"Good Evening, Professor!" Bella said with a nasty smile and left the office with her friends.

"That's not true! They called Sirius a blood traitor, me as Sirius' and Eve's pet nerd and they called Eve and Lily a Mudblood and a bitch! We were having anything but a nice chat!" James shouted once they left.

"Yes, I understood that the moment Bellatrix called Mr. Black as her dear cousin. Now, to the detentions that I mentioned. By the end of the month, all members of the Order will have detention with Professor McGonagall. Of course, points will not be reduced. You will be taken to the Room of Requirement where you will be learning to defend yourselves," he said. Then he turned to Eve, "You have detention now, Eve. As I had told you, we will be learning about the one of Unforgivable Curses today. Mr. Black, Mr. Potter, you may leave. Please inform the other members of the Order as well." Both of them nodded, and left.

"Eve, do you know what the three Unforgivable Curses are?"

"Yes, sir. There's the Imperius Curse, The Cruciatus Curse and the Killing Curse."

"And they are Unforgivable because-"

"- usage of the Unforgivable Curses is forbidden. They are the most dark and sinister spells known to the Wizarding World. Usage of any of these could result in a life sentence to Azkaban."

"Correct. Now, Voldemort has been known to use the Unforgivable Curses more than once. In fact, he employs the Imperius Curse perpetually on some of his Death Eaters. Now, the Imperius Curse, when cast will give complete control over the victim to the caster. The victim of an Imperius Curse is placed in a calm, trance-like state in which all feeling of responsibility and anxiety is banished. The victim, who is in this state will do anything his caster tells him to do, crimes such as murder and even committing suicide."

And they discussed the usages of the Imperius Curse for the rest of their day.

"Professor, can you Imperius me? I want to know what it feels like, if I can defend myself from it," Eve said confidently.

"Are you sure, Eve? This is our first class, it's completely alright-"

"-no Professor. I want to know," she told him sternly.

"Very well, then. Are you ready? Imperio." Dumbledore said.

Eve felt a floating sensation as every thought and worry in her head was wiped gently away. She didn't like it. Her head was empty. She couldn't stand there without thinking and observing every small detail in the Headmaster's room.

Pick up the cloth on the Headmaster's desk.

Eve turned around. She saw an orange rag cloth, possibly left by Filch after he had cleaned the Headmaster's office. She was making observations in her head, when the voice repeated itself,

Pick up the cloth on the Headmaster's desk.

Why would I want to do that?

Because I said so.

That makes zero sense. Why would I pick that cloth? It's of no use to me. But going by the looks of the cloth and the dust on it, I'd say you're going to tell me to clean those dust covered globes on the 2nd shelf, correct? I have no interest.

Do it. Pick up the cloth on the Headmaster's desk.

"No!" she shouted out loud. She had gotten herself out of the Imperiused state, and Dumbledore was looking proudly at her.

"I'm afraid that you do not like not thinking, Eve," he said with a small smile, and Eve grinned at him.

"Before we end this class, homework," He said, handing her a sheet of paper that had many numbers over it. "Try to decode this. Same time next week. You may take a Licorice wand on your way out. Good Evening, Eve."

"Have a nice day, Professor!" Eve said, taking a Licorice wand and walking away happily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't forget to vote, it really does help!