Girlfriend Corporation: Sixty Two

Почніть із самого початку

"At point like what? You mean after you have gotten what you were after? After realizing that you wouldn't be able to get Ryujin, you'd settle for the sister, right? That was what you were thinking before. I knew it all. After years of being stupid." I let out without hesitation.

His dismay was evident on his whole face. "I was.. I wanted to know you. I was curious." At least that's a little bit true. He mumbled after his breath refusing to look at me probably in embarrassment. If I had heard this before, I would have run to my room and bawl my eyes out. But it's different now.

I was not the same person as before. Definitely not.

"You want to know me because you were curious. You grabbed me from a bookshelf, placed me in your hand, you'd tear me apart and you'd read each word I have. You'd mark me and read me like my words are too foreign for you to understand. You flipped my pages and folded the edges every time you skipped. You start to get bored because it turned out I'm just a plain logic for you. Your curiosity had faded out. So, you left me on the table. You didn't place the bookmark, or maybe you forgot to put it to where you stopped? Your curiosity left me aching. Your curiosity is too much that it almost took you halfway through my chapter. You've explored me like you have a plan of taking me home. And yet, look at these messed-up paper sheets. My pages.. ached from your fingertips." I swallowed a lump on my throat after saying those words. I needed to let it all out. After years of suppressing all of it, I know that I'm going to explode this moment.

You're such a curious being. You just took the pain all away and placed them back again like I'm a puzzle waiting to be destroyed completely. Like a rubik's cube you luckily assembled in the first try. Sometimes you complete me, but when you've got nothing left to do, you want to confuse yourself about me. You shuffle me with mixed signals just so you're not the only one being perplexed. I'm just one of those people you randomly hurt, one those games you often play and be good at the first game then fail the rest. You're so bad at trying to win again. Or let's just say I'm just a challenge you tried accomplish. But you failed anyway. Look at me now, I look like a losing game.

"You came to me after long 5 years as if nothing happened. As if a single apology would do. I understand that you did not feel the same way about me but, was it really necessary for you to just disappear like that? If you really do know that Zephora needed her father, you would have man up long before, Yeonjun." I said as I shook my head and sighed in disbelief. But, as if I was the one to talk. I made Ryujin catch all of my responsibility as a mother for the fear that our parents might kick us out. But it was all for nothing. I blamed my sister for my stupidity and made us all suffer to the point that it almost ruined Ryujin and Ryeong's sanity. If someone was to blame here, it was solely me. But.. what am I supposed to do when I'm still scared of the probable outcomes?

"You've really changed. Just like Ryujin." It was no surprise that he already met Ryujin. I know that Lia, Ryujin's current client was somehow related to the asshole in front of me. "I don't think you two are the same person anymore. But.. I'm proud of you.. two. You two changed for the better. I'm glad I at least had a good impact---" I chuckled sarcastically hearing him say that as he stopped talking. Where did he get the courage to say those things? Proud? What the fuck was he saying? "What? You two are still mad meaning you two are still bitter about what happened, right?" Wow. The way he said has sounded a little too smug for my very own liking. He used to be a little smarter than this. "Especially you. You used to write about me. Even now, I feel like your books were still about me." That, I wouldn't deny. Of course, I will use the betrayal and pain that I have experienced before as a writer. It was merely an inspiration but that does not equate to still being in love with him. I once again chuckled.