One_✍

❀

Summer of 2007, 22:50.

Brown ruffled soft locks with a metal ring piercing right over the lower lip and ink marking over the entire right arm until the wrist that was covered with a bunch of different materials of bracelets.

The man parted a few locks of his hair with long veiny hands in the front mirror of his taxi and smirked as he fixed them perfect enough to look exotically hot.

Small drops of water trickled the windshield turning the view blurry. The man inside gripped over the steering as the rain started to pour heavily making it impossible to look ahead. He cursed under his breath and turned the windshield wiper.

The man played with the rings in his fingers as he waited for a customer to pop out of the railway station and clicked his tongue as a lady got into a car of a man who he assumed to be her boyfriend.

"Aren't there any singles tonight? Some brat that could just pop out and get into my taxi!" The man groaned in frustration and hit the side window with the back of his elbow.

Ever believed in jinx?

Well, that's exactly what happens when you are too eager for something to happen.

There was a loud thud at the back window followed by repeated knocking and efforts to pull open the door.

The driver flinched at the sudden commotion and turned his head towards the back to take a better look. He lowered his side window and signalled the person to come front.

"Hey! Can you...um open this quick? I need to get in!" The male on the outside trembled visibly as he spoke up.

"I would love to, but you see I need a confirmation that you have cash over you. Because last time I drove a man all the way downtown just to be informed that he was cashless. He was such a hassle-"

"Cut the crap! I have money. Now open this fucking damn door!" The man howled and looked either way consistently to confirm no one was in the vicinity.

"I am sorry, I can't," The driver flat-line denied and stretched his hand to close the window.

"Wait, what! Why? Aren't you supposed to accept customers?" The male drenched in rain asked earnestly as he gripped onto the handle of the door.

To which the driver nodded, "But I don't accept rude customers you see. I have standards too!"

The male scoffed at the driver's attitude but gulped back the urge to just break the window and kill him right there. Instead, he took a step back and bowed slightly and mouthed a 'sorry' half-heartedly.

The driver wanted to refuse again but something caught his attention.

The male's drenched body trembling from the chilling weather and not to forget the heavy downpour to top it all.

The driver simply sighed in defeat and unlocked the door to the backseat.

The male instantly unlocked the door and legit jumped inside the taxi and shut the door behind him.

"Where do you wish to go?" The driver asked in a bored tone while playing with a toothpick between his lips.

"Just take me anywhere...just start driving," the male in the backseat shivered and interlaced his fingers and placed them between his knees to hold himself from shaking due to the cold.

Well, was it the cold that rendered him breathless with a sweaty forehead and rumbling legs that didn't stop tapping over the floor of the taxi?

Or is there something else?

(A/n:- This is a plot I have been working on consistently over months now and it's finally out

(A/n:- This is a plot I have been working on consistently over months now and it's finally out. And I promise you it's worth a read. Thank you❤)

Love you

Maddie :-)❤️