Death and Remembrance

NOT MY PICTURE... found it off google...

Anyways this is what Sumiko my oc will look like, however instead of the red streaks in her hair, it'll be a light blue minus the burn marks.

She'll also have the little gill-looking mark under her eyes Shizuma has. Only instead of 3 or 2 marks, it'll only be 1. If you don't know what I'm talking about just google "Shizuma" and you'll understand.

Finally, she'll have the notorious Hoshigaki shark teeth. Hopefully, that'll make sense and you can imagine what I'm thinking.

Sorry, I have to explain it in word format and use a pic off google, had I been an artist this would have been way easier.

"Same" means shark in Japanese, you'll begin to see it near the end of the chapter.

ON WITH THE STORY ALREADY!!!

POV: Sumiko

I instantly began to scream and flail inside the water bubble, thankfully I didn't have to worry about drowning inside because the water only made up the shell of the ball. Fresh oxygen was inside so I didn't have to worry about not being able to breathe, or at I least I hope not.

My temporary flight through the air abruptly ended as I came crashing into the towering trunk of a tree. I didn't feel any pain upon impact, the bubble took all of that for me but as it broke it drenched. The only pain I felt was falling down the side of the tree and landing on my rear.

I bit my tongue, unhappy with my now sore asscheeks. Alas as I did so, more pain ensued as sharp shark-like teeth poked my tongue. Unaware of my uncanny teeth I tentatively slide my tongue over a tooth to make sure I wasn't tripping.

My teeth are... sharp? That woman also had sharp teeth and she called me her daughter. Hoshigaki Sumiko was what she called me right, am I really her daughter? I can't seem to remember any memories of her.

I scoffed as my frustration began to build up, again so few answers for my many questions. But there were a few things I knew I could be sure of. 1. I most definitely had the shark teeth that women had. 2. I was more likely than related to that unusually familiar woman and maybe that other shark man too. Finally 3. I have no idea where I am and everything seems very wrong to me.

With that out of the way, I brushed my dampened bangs out of my face athletically flipping to back my feet. I need to get back to her, worry filed through my brain as I thought of what the men could have done to Yurana.

I got launched fairly far away from the clearing so getting back there would be difficult, I would rely on my apparent adept sense of smell and hearing.

Luckily enough for me, those men who were undoubtedly about to face Yurana would inevitably create lots of noise for my sensitive ears to hone in on. They were also bound to be injured as Yurana looked strong and seemed like she could take care of herself.

But then again it's 10 to 1. I grimaced at the largely unfavorable odds.

Loud screaming followed by explosions erupted from somewhere within the forest. My ears immediately perked up and I dashed towards the sound of the noise, all the while searching for any distinctly familiar scents.

I had my unrefined senses working overtime, thankfully the loud explosions from the ongoing battle cut me some slack.

The noise started to become increasingly more intense and piercing as I closed in. If not already clear that there was some disastrous battle nearby, I started to see trees toppled over with kunai and shuriken embedded in them.