«Older Brother(s) And A Lovesick Lan»

"Maybe giving in isn't so bad

"Maybe giving in isn't so bad."

_______________________________________

Part two: Jiang Cheng thinks that punching his brother's boyfriend isn't a good idea.

_______________________________________

As he looked at his brother and his boyfriend, Jiang Cheng thinks of the small ragtag of a family he had created over the years he had been living with them. The long line of older brothers and sisters he had made.

He thinks how almost all of them were willing to kill for him and go to jail. Nie Mingjue had almost used his gun on someone who had the audacity to ask the younger on a date. In his house where he threw a party. Wei Ying was clearly intoxicated and out of his mind, his blurry eyes had assumed that it was someone else and he immediately said yes.

His acceptance for the date was all it took for the stranger to start touching his brother. Yes. Wei Ying was his brother. Ever since the day Nie Huaisang brought that kid back home one afternoon after school. He had decided that he had two brothers.

When he saw what was happening. He realized that wei ying was drunk out of his mind to consent to such a thing. Nie Mingjue was angry. No. It wasn't a joke. It wasn't anger per se. He felt the sudden urge to lunge at the complete stranger and slam his head into a wall until he passes (dies) out from blood loss.

Wei Ying never got to hear the end of it after that day. He was permanently banned from going to parties, even if his brothers were there around him. What horrified him the most was how Nie Huaisang of all the people in this world went against his protest.

Now that Jiang Cheng looks back on that day. He realizes that his drunk brother probably thought that he was saying yes to Lan WangJi. Moreover, he looked at Nie Mingjue who sat at the very end of the lounge contemplating life decisions.

There was a full crease formed on his forehead. It wasn't the look that he gave when he was angry. It was the look of approval he gave his brother when he showed him his test papers.

Jiang Cheng immediately knew what was happening. To his absolute horror, he realized that Nie Mingjue actually approved of the Lan boy who was hiding their brother behind him.

"Are you kidding me?! You approve of him?!", He asked in rage. Nie Mingjue opened his mouth to argue back but didn't get the chance to when he heard the others gasp, including Jiang Yanli.

Lan WangJi must've smirked internally because it took Jiang Cheng nanoseconds to realize that he actually did. He was quick to shoot him a venomous scowl. Wei Ying only peeked at his brother every now and then as he hid behind Lan Wangji's back for safety. If things were going to blow he could always drag his boyfriend outside as quickly as possible.

"I don't approve of this.", Jiang Cheng muttered but remembered how happy his brother looked with Lán WangJi. Nie Huaisang had shown him a few pictures which he had dug up with his skills. His brother looked happier than ever for some reason.