«Forget me not? »

“Why are you joking right now? Why the fuck am I in your arms in the first place

“Why are you joking right now? Why the fuck am I in your arms in the first place. Why does it feel good?”

_______________________________________

Summary: after an accident, wei ying forgets the last five years of his life and fails to recognise his boyfriend who was once his enemy.

TW: angst and fluff.

_______________________________________

"So... We are in a relationship?", The older nodded without a second thought. It wasn't like he was lying or anything. The amnesia was supposed to be temporary, the accident did do a lot of damage to his boyfriend. He was in a coma for almost a week after the surgery after all.

"As in you and I are a thing? Like boyfriends? Does anybody from the orphanage know this? They will murder me if they know that I'm gay for real.", Wei Ying scratched his head and looked into the mirror to see the bandages which covered his forehead and his arms.

Lan Zhan sighed audibly and crossed the room to get to wei wuxian who was still so lost in his own world. He sat down in front of wei ying and held his hands, the afformentioned did not swat his hands away. He was too confused at the moment to attack his enemy.

He knew how abusive and homophobic the orphanage was. That was exactly what made him to ask Wei Ying to move in with him the day he left the orphanage.

"You are twenty three years old. We moved in together when you were eighteen as roommates."

And, that was how their story started.

From being known as one of the fiercest enemies in highschool to having the most cliche love story in university. It was all just so perfect. It still is. Lan Wangji was going to make sure that wei ying gets nursed back to health.

Wei Ying touched the rings on Lan zhan's hand and delicately carresed them giving the older man a foreign feeling. Wei Ying usually just clenched onto his hands and boisterously laughed going on about his day. 

Everything was all so new for them right now. Wei Ying was just supposed to have gone to the supermarket to get some cheese and his favourite chocolate milkshake which he never forgot to drink atleast once in a day.

He slipped on the ice, hard. His concussed mind was in a daze at the moment when he crawled towards the road where the cars sped. Nobody could have saved him from the car that came speeding up towards his direction. Wei Ying had only crawled closer to the car.

The compensation money was worth nothing closer to Lan wangji's Anxiety. The first thing he did was punch the car owner fair and square to his face and let bis brother pull him away. It was all so quick that it had been the very first time in his life wherein Lan xichen had seen his brother so violent.