Don't Give Up On Me: Never Giving Up On You

Start from the beginning

As I thought it would, it took four hours to get to Seattle and with a broken radio it was just me and my thoughts. By the time I had gotten to Seattle I was starting to doubt myself. Yet again. I was starting to doubt that Jacob would want me in his life anymore. I knew I had hurt him that many times it wasn't funny. I wondered if this time he wouldn't forgive me so easily, if at all. But I knew I couldn't just give up on him and think that he wouldn't want me in his life without knowing for sure. I had to try, I just had to. Jacob meant the world to me and for him I would do anything to make things okay between the two of us. He just meant that much to me. I had been so confused and lost when Edward first left me, and when Jake came back into my life, I found my way back, thanks to him.  

Stepping out into the ice, pouring down rain, I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and started my search for him. I knew I was doing the impossible by looking for him. I had tried calling his phone again before leaving home, but still his phone wasn't responding. I just hoped he was okay. I knew it wasn't going to be easy to find him without making contact, but I had to try. I thought searching the streets would be the best place to start. I couldn't go around searching in each and every building, thinking that I would just bump into him. If I was going find Jacob, best chance was on the streets as he maybe going somewhere or heading back home. I couldn't think of anywhere else to search for him.  

For around two or three hours, I roamed the streets of Seattle in the rain. I was cold and wet to the bone. I hadn't ever been so cold in my life. Not one piece of my clothing was dry. It was all soaked. People stared at me as I passed them, probably thinking I was homeless or something. I could hear my teeth chattering away faster than I thought they could or would ever chatter. I could see my breath in the air each and every time I exhaled. It was starting to get dark, but I still wasn't giving up. I hadn't been in Seattle long enough to find him. I couldn't give up yet.  

The night was setting in fast and the rain was only getting colder and heavier. Each drop that fell on me felt like a tennis ball hitting me hard. I didn't even know that the rain could come down so hard that it hurt. I couldn't see anything that was more than ten metres away from me. It was impossible. Between the night light and the rain, I could hardly see any detail of whom and what was around me anymore. I couldn't see past the cars on the side walk, or even see the road to cross it. 

My teeth kept on chattering away as I kept on walking. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, just trying to keep warm, but I was way beyond that. I was too wet to even try and keep warm. I was so cold, I was almost numb. My shoulders felt weak and slouched while I walked, my knees weak and tired and my arms became dead weights on the end of my shoulders. I didn't even know the way back to my truck anymore. I had been walking for hours. It would take me the same amount of time just to get back to it. I would be better off just to keep on walking until dawn.  

Quickly people started to disappear home as the night set in and the rain only got harder yet again. Something made me look up from the footpath and there I stopped dead as I saw him just five metres away from me, standing in the rain, with his black leather jacket on and grey washed out jeans. His hair dripping wet like his cloths, and yet, he still wasn't shivering. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or I was dying of hypothermia, until he said my name. 

"Jake," I murmured as my legs gave out from under me, only for me to feel a sudden warmth around me and my name been called repeatedly. But I couldn't respond back. I was too cold, too weak, to even try to. 

Slowly I awoke to a warm brushing feeling on my hand, in an unfamiliar darkened room. The walls and ceiling were white with thick blue-grey curtains and matching coloured carpet. My clothes were still dripping wet, but I was a lot warmer now. When I went to move, I found there were blankets tightly tucked in around me. I tried to think what had happened and felt the brushing feeling on my hand again. I yanked my hand back, startled and saw Jacob turn around and look to me from having his back turned to me. He smiled after seeing I was awake. I remembered everything that had happened then. I had been out looking for him and was so cold, and then suddenly everything went black. I must have fainted from been so cold and exhausted, but I found him, that was all that mattered now.