Chapter 12 || Father

ابدأ من البداية

"Ji-"

"Mamma..." Jihun slips down the bench with difficulty and runs to his mother, hugging her legs tightly, "Yoo'gi mamma no cwy..."

"Yes, baby, mamma's not crying." Jiah says, patting his head gently and wipes her tears off.

"Jiah..." Taheyung whispers, blinking a few times even though his stare at her never breaks away, "Who's child is this?"

"Why?" She looks at him,

"Tell me... please..."

Jiah scoffs mockingly as she carries Jihun and pats his back, smiling for him, completely ignoring Taheyung and turns to Yoongi, "Let's go, oppa."

Yoongi nods slowly, opening his arms for Jihun, but the toddler sticks to Jiah having his tiny arms wrapped firmly around Jiah's neck, "I'll call Jin to pick you up," He sighs, pulling out his phone, "You should go home and I'll head back too. Call me if you need something."

Jiah nods slowly, hugging her son as she tries to keep herself from sobbing which Yoongi notices and rubs her back, "It's okay, I'll come over if you want."

"Yeah," She nods again, sparing one last glance at Taheyung, suddenly dawning upon her that he still has his unpleasant glare on Yoongi. It angers her to see the audacity of the man and she turns around, giving Jihun to Yoongi and grabs Taheyung by his arm. "You wanna know right? I'll tell you, will you leave me alone then?"

"If you want me to," He nods briefly, glancing at the baby, then back at Jiah.

"Yours," She says, wiping her tears and looks him dead in the eye, "I was pregnant when you left. Done? Got your answer? Now leave me the fuck alone."

"W-What?" Taehyung's face froze, his expanding wide and jaw hanging loose, too shocked to register the truth. He stares at the child again, suddenly noticing how familiar he looked, then glances back at Jiah who has unreadable expression, "He's... he's my son? Jiah, really?"

He lets go of her hands, walking past her to reach Yoongi who's holding the toddler and stares at the little face of his son, chubby cheeks and tinted lips that still have a bit of ice cream on them, and the dark, round eyes staring back at him with pure confusion and fear. Taheyung doesn't realise when a tear drop leaves his eye and his lips stretch into a small smile when his hand slowly reaches out to touch the baby- his baby.

"My son..." His lips murmer with a sigh.

Jihun turns to away, hiding his face in Yoongi's shoulder who rolls his eyes and pushes Taheyung's hand away, "Are you done or not?"

Taheyung's gaze snaps at the elder male, showing just how unimpressed he was with the tone and interruption between him and his son, "What's your problem? He's my child. Jiah why do-"

"Please, Taehyung. Stop with all that." She says, "You wanted an answer, I gave you that. You said you would me alone then,"

"After knowing it's my son? Yeah, no." Taheyung says, facing her, "Look, Jiah, I'm sorry for what happened. I really love you still, and I... I want us to be back together."

"No," She shakes her head, "You left me once. Why would I come back to you? To see you leave again? No thanks. Me and Jihun and pretty happy by ourself."

"He needs a father, Jiah. What will you do alone?"

Jiah laughs at that and nods, "I've managed fine in these three years without you. When I was six-seven months pregnant and carried on with college and part time jobs without much difficulty. I can still manage, so you don't have to worry."

"It's not as easy as it sounds Jiah. I know you can do it alone, but it doesn't change the fact that he needs his father. You can be a good mother, not a good father."