Chapter 24

Scarlet looked around amazed how Brooklyn had changed since the late 1940s. Clutching an address in her hand, she glanced down at it. She navigated the now classic Harley Davidson motorcycle that once belonged to Steve through the streets and parked it next to a modest home.

She took the helmet off and sighed as she stared at the home.

Taking a breath, she put the kickstand down then walked up the driveway and rang the doorbell.

The door opened, "Hello...oh my lord." The woman said as she saw her.

"Hey Becca," Scarlet said.

Rebecca open the screen door and stepped out onto the front step, "How?"

"Science. Let's go inside and I'll explain more." Scarlet told her.

Rebecca opened the door for her and led her inside. They sat down in her sitting room and Rebecca just stared at her, "I can't... I can't believe it."

"Yeah, I meant to say goodbye and tell you what was happening but... I didn't expect to be...asleep for 37 years." Scarlet told her as she looked up at her, "Have you heard of Cryogenics?"

Rebecca nodded.

"Well then yeah... my powers... I couldn't control them so... they froze me." Scarlet told her.

"And it worked?" She asked.

"Well I'm awake. I can control them a little better with this drug cocktail they have me on." Scarlet told her showing her the tendrils of light between her fingers.

"You look like your could be your own daughter." Rebecca said amazed, "You haven't aged at all."

"Yeah, its little weird thinking I am 30 still... when I am 67." Scarlet told her, "SHIELD gave me a new identity...I'm buying a house up near where Bucky and I had our honeymoon. I have a new chance at life."

"Are you still going to do your old job?" Rebecca asked.

Scarlet shrugged, "I... I haven't really decided. I'm learning things about the current age so that I could but... I am not active yet." She told her. "When I get settled upstate you should come visit. I'd love it."

"I will have to." Rebecca told her with a smile.