Chapter 20: Epilogue

23rd September 1955 (A Week before the accident)

Scarlet put her key into the lock and turned it, listening out for the click

Scarlet put her key into the lock and turned it, listening out for the click. She opened the front door, removing her keys from the lock and stepped over the threshold, leading into the hallway. She knelt down in the hallway to remove her shoes, not noticing that someone was in her home until she entered the kitchen to hang up her keys and she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw James Dean sat at her kitchen table staring directly at her. "Jesus Christ!" She gasped, putting a hand over her chest. "Jimmy, don't do that! You scared me."

James looked up with a grin. "Sorry, darling." He apologized.

" He apologized

Scarlet sighed. "It's okay." She replied, putting her keys on the hook.

The blonde got up from his chair and began making his way over towards her. He bent down, his lips against her cheek, brushing it lightly—and still that light touch sent shivers through her nerves, shivers that made her whole body tremble. "If you want me to stop, tell me now," he whispered. When she still said nothing, he brushed his mouth against the hollow of her temple. He traced the line of her cheekbone. His lips were against hers. He kissed her gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness she wanted, not now, not after all this time, and she knotted her fists in his shirt, pulling him harder against her. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled her, gathering her against him.

His hands moved up and down the length of her back, the need to touch every part of her was all consuming, and Scarlet lost himself in the passion of the kiss. Scarlet wound her fingers through his hair, and her body seemed to mould against his as if she were liquid. His heart thrummed in his chest, and he felt his knees growing weak. With one swift movement, they went from the kitchen to the living room.

He lowered himself and Scarlet onto the three-seater sofa, their lips still locked together. He thought it would be entirely unmanly if he collapsed from the intensity of her kisses.

"James..." Scarlet moaned, her back was pressed against the cold leather of the seats.

James opened his eyes, pulling away briefly to remove his shirt and jacket leaving him in just his trousers. Scarlet on the other hand was still completely clothed.